People of Faith - Astronauts
The following are a partial list of astronauts who were/are believers.
Communion on the Moon - Buzz Aldrin - The first religious act performed on the moon (Apollo 11) was the Christian celebration of communion.
James Benson Irwin (Colonel, United States Air Force) - Apollo 15, July, 1971. He was the founding president of the High Flight Foundation, a Christian inter-denominational evangelical ministry based in Colorado Springs. Died in 1991.
Charles Moss Duke, Jr. (Brigadier General, USAF, Ret.) - Lunar module pilot of Apollo 16, April 16-27, 1972. He is an active speaker and Christian lay witness and President of Duke Ministry For Christ.
Space Shuttle Columbia AstronautsAstronauts remembered at hometown churches - Both Rick Husband and Michael Anderson were committed Christians, who attended the same church, Grace Community Church.
'Tell Them About Jesus' - An interview with the Pastor of Grace Community Church
- Did Albert Einstein Believe in a Personal God?
- Why are Christians So Stupid? - Does the Bible Teach Blind Faith?
- Why are Most Scientists Atheists If There is Evidence for Belief in God? Is their unbelief due to their intelligence, knowledge and academic studies or other factors?
- Famous Scientists Who Believed in God
- Science and Faith Associations - Yes, there are scientists today who believe in God
- Science and the Bible: Does the Bible Contradict Scientific Principles?
- Scientists of the Christian Faith: A Presentation of the Pioneers, Practitioners and Supporters of Modern Science Compiled by W. R. Miller
- CHRISTIANITY AIDING THE DEVELOPMENT OF SCIENCE by Ben Clausen
- 131 Christians Everyone Should Know by Mark Galli (Editor), Ted Olsen (Editor)
Last Modified May 10, 2005