Common Atheists' Myths
I know that Christians are supposed to be the ones who believe a lot of myths. However, the vast majority of atheists believe myths such as religion is the primary cause of wars, and the vast amount of atrocities have been caused by religious people, the Bible has been vastly changed over the centuries, Paul invented Christianity, and the list goes on and on. Find your favorite myth below and read the article so that you won't embarrass yourself in the future.
- There is No Fine Tuning of the Universe - Victor Stenger's attempt to explain away fine tuning requires an even finer tuning of inflation.
- The Universe Just Created Itself Out of Nothing - Why Stephen Hawking is wrong about God not creating the universe.
- Atheists have Proven God Does Not Exist. Right? - Only if that god is not the God of the Bible
- Religion is the Cause of All (Most) of the World's Problems - Religion is not even close to being the leading cause suffering in the world. In fact, atheists have been responsible for most of it within the last 100 years.
- Religion and War: Are Most Wars the Result of Religious Belief? - Religion is implicated in less than 7% of all wars over the entire written history of mankind.
- Is Christianity a Made-up Myth Written by the Disciples? - Now really - would the disciples write about all their shortcomings, make the Christian church into a female, design heaven with no sex in it, and say that they were going to be married to Jesus in heaven? I don't know about you guys, but this is not what I would have written if I had made up the Bible!
- Paul Invented Christianity? Is the Founder of the Christian Religion Paul of Tarsus or Jesus of Nazareth? All Paul's core teachings were also taught by Jesus and the disciples, and are even found in the Old Testament.
- Misquoting Jesus: Does Bart Ehrman Prove the New Testament is Corrupt? - Contrary to Ehrman's claims, the New Testament canon was established in the early second century, and scribal errors/changes did not affect any significant Christian doctrine.
- The Christian Church Was Never Really Persecuted - Were all the reported persecutions of Christians were made up by the Christian church?
- The Bible Has Been Changed Over the Centuries From the Original? - Sorry, the manuscript evidence doesn't support this idea at all.
- Jesus Christ as God and the Trinity Was Not Invented Until the Fourth Century? Contrary to the claims of The Da Vinci Code, even secular sources indicate that Christians worshipped Jesus Christ as God no later than 113 A.D.
- Are the Old Testament Laws a Copy of the Code of Hammurabi? - Not even close!
- Is the Biblical Flood Account a Modified Copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh? - Let's compare what each account says
- This Joyful Eastertide: A Critical Review of The Empty Tomb (2006) - Has the resurrection been proven false? (2.7 MB )
- The Universe Just Happened Without Any Need For a Designer - For all those who expect to win at lotto!
- There is No Evidence For the Fine Tuning of the Universe - The cosmological constant (dark energy) shows this belief to be false
- "The Lost Tomb of Jesus": Have the Bones of Jesus Christ Been Found? Only if Jesus had his ossuary inscribed when He was 2 years old!
- Omnipotence is Logically Impossible? Atheists attempt to define God out of existence through illogical arguments
- The Universe is Eternal - Contrary to atheist's claims, the majority of scientists state as fact that the universe had a beginning.
- Only Stupid People Believe in God - A large number of famous scientists believed in God, many being devout Christians
- The Roman Catholic Church's Condom Policy is Responsible For the Spread of HIV and the AIDS Crisis in Africa - Actually, HIV infection rates are lower in Catholic-dominated countries!
- The Myth of the Flat Earth by Jeffrey Burton Russell - The "history" that Christians taught a flat earth was not invented until the 19th century. (off site)
- The Bible Says Hell is a Place Located Under the Earth - Skeptics don't cite the verses that clearly show that those "hell" verses really refer to the grave. Yes, the grave is under the earth!
- People are Basically Good - Proof to the Contrary
- Jesus didn't really die on the Cross? - The old swoon theory doesn't hold up to historical/medical reality.
- Hitler was a Christian? - This seems like a no brainer, but there are free-thinkers who think he was. (off site)
- Jesus and Adolf Hitler - The new (and improved?) German Jesus (off site)
- Are Atheists and Theists Morally Equivalent? Aren't atheists morally superior to theists?
- Atheism Doesn't Lead to Immoral Behavior - Or Does It? In theory it doesn't, but in practice...
- Atheism and Humanism Provide Hope for the Future - The ultimate "hope" of atheism is eternal entropy as the universe loses all ability to perform work, and all life, consciousness, and knowledge is eternally destroyed.
- The Bible Teaches a Flat Earth Covered by a Solid Dome ( PowerPoint)
- Teaching Religion to Children is a Form of Child Abuse? Dawkins's hypothesis is falsified.
- BLOODLINE: Serious Documentary or Hollywood Hoax? - by Gordon Franz MA
- Debunking Dawkins: The God
- Debunking Dawkins: The God Delusion Chapter 1: A deeply religious non believer - Deception, lies, and misrepresentations.
- Debunking Dawkins: The God Delusion Chapter 2: The God Hypothesis - Failure to support debunked assertions, quoting out-of-context, and a desire to escape moral accountability.
- Debunking Dawkins: The God Delusion Chapter 4: Why There Almost Certainly Is No God - Richard Dawkins' Ultimate Boeing 747 argument is shown to be formally fallacious.
- Book Review: The Moral Landscape by Sam Harris - Sam Harris claims that science can determine human values, but just resorts to ranting about religion.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. (2 Timothy 4:3-4)
- Answers for Atheists and Agnostics
Last Modified November 26, 2014