Christianity wouldn't be too bad, if one didn't have to deal with all the Christians. This is the attitude that most non-Christians express about their perception of Christians. In fact, Mahatma Gandhi once said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." However, there is a joke among Christians that expresses the reality of the situation. If you find the perfect church, don't join it - you'll wreck it. Christians are commonly described as being intolerant, old fashioned, self-righteous, lying hypocrites, who are out to turn the USA into a Christian theocracy. Does the Bible say that Christians are supposed to behave this way?
Answers to criticisms
- Why Do Christians Lie So Much? Truth and Christianity Does Christianity teach that it is okay to lie to support one's faith?
- Hypocrites Defined: What About Hypocrisy in the Christian Church? If they are hypocrites, are they really Christians?
- Self-righteous Christians Defined: Is This the Norm? The Bible says that nobody can be righteous through their own self - especially Christians.
- Why are Christians So Judgmental? Doesn't the Bible Say, "Do Not Judge" Didn't Jesus tell His disciples not to judge others?
- The Threat of Radical Christianity: Christians are Involved Too Much in Politics? Do most Christians want to establish the United States as a Christian theocracy?
- Is Christianity and the Bible Too Old-Fashioned to be Relevant in Today's Society? - donkeys, fishing nets, grinding flour with stones, dirt roads - what relevance is the Bible in today's world?
- Why are Christians So Intolerant? Wasn't Jesus All Accepting? Are Christians really intolerant or are the people who are unwilling to grant equal freedom of expression to Christian beliefs intolerant? - the real definition of "intolerance."
- Why are Christians So Stupid? - Does the Bible Teach Blind Faith? - Doesn't the Bible tell people to believe despite the evidence to the contrary?
- Answers for Atheists and Agnostics
- Criticisms of God's Character from Atheists and Agnostics
- Criticisms of God on the Basis of the Existence of Evil and Suffering
- Religion is Stupid
- Bible and Science Criticisms
- Answers to Bible Contradictions
- Skeptics' Objections to Christianity
- Common Atheists' Myths
- No Evidence of the Supernatural?
Last Modified April 28, 2009