The Inflationary Big Bang Model
The inflationary big bang theory is, by far, the most accepted theory of the origin of the universe. All evidence gathered to date supports this theory. Other theories rely upon sets of unlikely circumstances or phenomenon which can never be tested or proven.
Big Bang Timeline
- 0 second to 10-43 second. Only God knows or can know what happened during this period of time. We know only that at least 9 dimensions of space existed as what is called singularity. All of the universe-to-be existed as a point of no volume. Time as we know it was created.
- 10-43 second, also known as Planck time. This is the point at which gravity, one of the four unified forces, became separate from the remaining three forces.
- 10-36 second. The strong nuclear force (the force that holds the nuclei of atoms together) separated from the other three unified forces.
- 10-36 to 10-32 second. Immediately following and triggered by the separation of the strong nuclear force, the universe expanded rapidly for this brief period of time.
- 10-32 to 10-5 second. The universe is filled with quarks, antiquarks, and electrons. The quarks and antiquarks combine and annihilate each other. Quarks are in excess of antiquarks by a ratio of 1,000,000,001 to 1,000,000,000. The remaining quarks will make up all the matter that exists in the universe.
- 10-12 second. The final two unified forces split from one another. Electromagnetism, which controls the attraction of negatively and positively charged particles, becomes separate from the weak nuclear force, which controls radioactive decay.
- 10-5 second. The universe cools to 1,000,000,000,000°K allowing quarks to combine to form protons and neutrons, the building blocks of atomic nuclei.
- 1 second to 3 minutes. The universe continues to cool, allowing protons and neutrons to combine to form the nuclei of future atoms.
- 10-32 second to 3000 years. Electromagnetic energy, produced during the annihilation of quarks and antiquarks, dominates the forces of gravity.
- 3000 years to present. Matter becomes the primary source of gravity. Matter begins to clump with the aid of large amounts of exotic or dark matter. This matter interacts weakly with electromagnetic energy, but is able to clump with itself through gravity, even during the domination of electromagnetic energy.
- 300,000 years. Continued expansion and cooling allow matter and electromagnetic energy to decouple. The nuclei of atoms are able to capture electrons to form complete atoms of hydrogen, helium and lithium.
- 200,000,000 years. Galaxy formation begins as matter continues to clump.
- 9,000,000,000 years. The solar system forms.
- 10,000,000,000 years. Life begins on earth.
- 13,700,000,000 years.1 Jesus Christ conquers sin.
- There is Too Much Evil and Suffering For God to Exist?
- Where is God When Bad Things Happen? Why Natural Evil Must Exist
- Haiti Earthquake Kills Over 200,000: Where was God?
- Southeast Asia Earthquake and Tsunami: Where was God?
- Where was God During the World Trade Center Attack?
- If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace?
- D. N. Spergel, R. Bean, O. Doré, M. R. Nolta, C. L. Bennett, J. Dunkley, G. Hinshaw, N. Jarosik, E. Komatsu, L. Page, H. V. Peiris, L. Verde, M. Halpern, R. S. Hill, A. Kogut, M. Limon, S. S. Meyer, N. Odegard, G. S. Tucker, J. L. Weiland, E. Wollack, E. L. Wright. 2007. Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) Three Year Results: Implications for Cosmology. Astrophysics arXiv:astro-ph/0603449v2.
Today's New Reason to Believe
Integrating Science and Faith
- 11/23/2015 02:49 AM
Is the Design of the Human Retina Sensible?
Having frequently heard the cries of â€śpoor design!â€ť from those who believe an intelligent designer would never create the human …
- 11/19/2015 10:51 AM
Does a Universe from Nothing Mean There Is No God?
When addressing whether God is needed to create the universe, Dr. Mir Faizal made this comment in the British news …
- 11/16/2015 02:48 AM
Is Earth Really an Early Bird?
If humans represent the crown jewel of Godâ€™s creation, why did it take billions of years for us to come …
- 11/12/2015 06:51 PM
Do Self-Replicating Protocells Undermine the Evolutionary Theory?
Itâ€™s remarkable to think that two people can examine the same facts and arrive at vastly different conclusions, yet this …
- 11/09/2015 01:27 PM
Genetics Discovery in Snakes Adds Legs to the Case for Creation
Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat …
- 11/05/2015 02:16 AM
How Earth Has Avoided an Iceball Catastrophe
This past August I spent a day hiking the Conrad Icefield (see figure 1), at 51Â° north latitude, North Americaâ€™s …
- 11/03/2015 04:35 PM
Thank God for Gut Microbes
The microbes in your lower intestine are like Rodney Dangerfieldâ€”they get no respect. So, I am guessing that the bacteria …
- 10/29/2015 12:31 PM
Why Argue about Evolution?
Is debating about the validity of the evolutionary paradigm a waste of time? My Facebook friend Deb, an atheist, thinks …
- 10/26/2015 02:06 AM
Synthetic Life and the Image of God
If synthetic biologists succeed in creating synthetic life, does this accomplishment prove the theory of naturalistic evolutionâ€”that life arose via …
- 10/22/2015 11:37 AM
Celebrating 3.8 Billion Years of Bacteriophage
Among researchers, 2015 is known as the year of the phage. It marks the 100th anniversary of the discovery of …
Last Modified June 16, 2006