The Inflationary Big Bang Model
The inflationary big bang theory is, by far, the most accepted theory of the origin of the universe. All evidence gathered to date supports this theory. Other theories rely upon sets of unlikely circumstances or phenomenon which can never be tested or proven.
Big Bang Timeline
- 0 second to 10-43 second. Only God knows or can know what happened during this period of time. We know only that at least 9 dimensions of space existed as what is called singularity. All of the universe-to-be existed as a point of no volume. Time as we know it was created.
- 10-43 second, also known as Planck time. This is the point at which gravity, one of the four unified forces, became separate from the remaining three forces.
- 10-36 second. The strong nuclear force (the force that holds the nuclei of atoms together) separated from the other three unified forces.
- 10-36 to 10-32 second. Immediately following and triggered by the separation of the strong nuclear force, the universe expanded rapidly for this brief period of time.
- 10-32 to 10-5 second. The universe is filled with quarks, antiquarks, and electrons. The quarks and antiquarks combine and annihilate each other. Quarks are in excess of antiquarks by a ratio of 1,000,000,001 to 1,000,000,000. The remaining quarks will make up all the matter that exists in the universe.
- 10-12 second. The final two unified forces split from one another. Electromagnetism, which controls the attraction of negatively and positively charged particles, becomes separate from the weak nuclear force, which controls radioactive decay.
- 10-5 second. The universe cools to 1,000,000,000,000°K allowing quarks to combine to form protons and neutrons, the building blocks of atomic nuclei.
- 1 second to 3 minutes. The universe continues to cool, allowing protons and neutrons to combine to form the nuclei of future atoms.
- 10-32 second to 3000 years. Electromagnetic energy, produced during the annihilation of quarks and antiquarks, dominates the forces of gravity.
- 3000 years to present. Matter becomes the primary source of gravity. Matter begins to clump with the aid of large amounts of exotic or dark matter. This matter interacts weakly with electromagnetic energy, but is able to clump with itself through gravity, even during the domination of electromagnetic energy.
- 300,000 years. Continued expansion and cooling allow matter and electromagnetic energy to decouple. The nuclei of atoms are able to capture electrons to form complete atoms of hydrogen, helium and lithium.
- 200,000,000 years. Galaxy formation begins as matter continues to clump.
- 9,000,000,000 years. The solar system forms.
- 10,000,000,000 years. Life begins on earth.
- 13,700,000,000 years.1 Jesus Christ conquers sin.
- There is Too Much Evil and Suffering For God to Exist?
- Where is God When Bad Things Happen? Why Natural Evil Must Exist
- Haiti Earthquake Kills Over 200,000: Where was God?
- Southeast Asia Earthquake and Tsunami: Where was God?
- Where was God During the World Trade Center Attack?
- If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace?
- D. N. Spergel, R. Bean, O. Doré, M. R. Nolta, C. L. Bennett, J. Dunkley, G. Hinshaw, N. Jarosik, E. Komatsu, L. Page, H. V. Peiris, L. Verde, M. Halpern, R. S. Hill, A. Kogut, M. Limon, S. S. Meyer, N. Odegard, G. S. Tucker, J. L. Weiland, E. Wollack, E. L. Wright. 2007. Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) Three Year Results: Implications for Cosmology. Astrophysics arXiv:astro-ph/0603449v2.
Today's New Reason to Believe
Integrating Science and Faith
- 05/05/2016 09:00 AM
What Microlensed Planets Reveal about Our Solar System
In the search for distant planetary systems, astronomers employ a special method to discover planets beyond the range of our …
- 05/02/2016 09:00 AM
Thank God for Merging Neutron Stars
Have you thanked God for neutron and black hole merging events today? You should. A new study of an ancient …
- 04/28/2016 09:00 AM
Structure of Dinosaur Collagen Unravels the Case for a Young Earth
This TNRTB was originally published in August 2011, but we are reposting it because of its relevancy today. One of …
- 04/25/2016 09:00 AM
Why Do Mitochondria Have DNA?
Whenever I speak on university campuses, students challenge me with the endosymbiont hypothesis. This hypothesis is an important facet of …
- 04/21/2016 09:00 AM
10 Ways to Thank God on Earth Day
Every year on April 22, millions of people worldwide will gather on local beaches, streets, and parks to collect trash, …
- 04/18/2016 09:00 AM
Radiation on Mars Endangers Life
The northern and southern lights (aurora borealis and aurora australis) splash colorful lights onto the sky, aweing spectators; but this …
- 04/14/2016 09:00 AM
Complex Carbohydrates Illustrate the Design in Cells
Life requires information and information is the product of mind. We know that DNA and protein structures are information-rich molecules. …
- 04/11/2016 09:00 AM
A Christian Perspective on Brain-Computer Interfaces
Tragic stories abound about people who have suffered disabling injuries that have stripped them of their quality of life. But …
- 04/07/2016 09:00 AM
Responding to the Nonempirical Case for Atheism
This article is an abbreviated summary of a white paper by the same title. Today, the physical and historical evidence …
- 04/04/2016 09:00 AM
Bacteria May Offer a Climate Change Solution
What is the dominant and most abundant life-form on Earth? Surprisingly, it is not humans, cows, trees, grass, or insects. …
Last Modified June 16, 2006