The Inflationary Big Bang Model
The inflationary big bang theory is, by far, the most accepted theory of the origin of the universe. All evidence gathered to date supports this theory. Other theories rely upon sets of unlikely circumstances or phenomenon which can never be tested or proven.
Big Bang Timeline
- 0 second to 10-43 second. Only God knows or can know what happened during this period of time. We know only that at least 9 dimensions of space existed as what is called singularity. All of the universe-to-be existed as a point of no volume. Time as we know it was created.
- 10-43 second, also known as Planck time. This is the point at which gravity, one of the four unified forces, became separate from the remaining three forces.
- 10-36 second. The strong nuclear force (the force that holds the nuclei of atoms together) separated from the other three unified forces.
- 10-36 to 10-32 second. Immediately following and triggered by the separation of the strong nuclear force, the universe expanded rapidly for this brief period of time.
- 10-32 to 10-5 second. The universe is filled with quarks, antiquarks, and electrons. The quarks and antiquarks combine and annihilate each other. Quarks are in excess of antiquarks by a ratio of 1,000,000,001 to 1,000,000,000. The remaining quarks will make up all the matter that exists in the universe.
- 10-12 second. The final two unified forces split from one another. Electromagnetism, which controls the attraction of negatively and positively charged particles, becomes separate from the weak nuclear force, which controls radioactive decay.
- 10-5 second. The universe cools to 1,000,000,000,000°K allowing quarks to combine to form protons and neutrons, the building blocks of atomic nuclei.
- 1 second to 3 minutes. The universe continues to cool, allowing protons and neutrons to combine to form the nuclei of future atoms.
- 10-32 second to 3000 years. Electromagnetic energy, produced during the annihilation of quarks and antiquarks, dominates the forces of gravity.
- 3000 years to present. Matter becomes the primary source of gravity. Matter begins to clump with the aid of large amounts of exotic or dark matter. This matter interacts weakly with electromagnetic energy, but is able to clump with itself through gravity, even during the domination of electromagnetic energy.
- 300,000 years. Continued expansion and cooling allow matter and electromagnetic energy to decouple. The nuclei of atoms are able to capture electrons to form complete atoms of hydrogen, helium and lithium.
- 200,000,000 years. Galaxy formation begins as matter continues to clump.
- 9,000,000,000 years. The solar system forms.
- 10,000,000,000 years. Life begins on earth.
- 13,700,000,000 years.1 Jesus Christ conquers sin.
- There is Too Much Evil and Suffering For God to Exist?
- Where is God When Bad Things Happen? Why Natural Evil Must Exist
- Haiti Earthquake Kills Over 200,000: Where was God?
- Southeast Asia Earthquake and Tsunami: Where was God?
- Where was God During the World Trade Center Attack?
- If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace?
- D. N. Spergel, R. Bean, O. Doré, M. R. Nolta, C. L. Bennett, J. Dunkley, G. Hinshaw, N. Jarosik, E. Komatsu, L. Page, H. V. Peiris, L. Verde, M. Halpern, R. S. Hill, A. Kogut, M. Limon, S. S. Meyer, N. Odegard, G. S. Tucker, J. L. Weiland, E. Wollack, E. L. Wright. 2007. Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) Three Year Results: Implications for Cosmology. Astrophysics arXiv:astro-ph/0603449v2.
Today's New Reason to Believe
Integrating Science and Faith
- 02/08/2016 06:09 AM
Phosphorus No Help for Chemical Evolution
Born under a bad sign Been down since I began to crawl If it wasn’t for bad luck You know, …
- 02/04/2016 06:00 AM
How God Used Short-Lived Radioisotopes to Create Life
Have you thanked God for short-lived radioisotopes today? You should. Because our solar system was exposed to a huge abundance …
- 02/01/2016 06:06 AM
Recent Research Strengthens the Creation-Friendly Grand Tack Model
Last month I wrote an article describing how the Grand Tack model explains the orbital configurations of all eight planets …
- 01/28/2016 08:38 AM
The Lab: Preparing a New Generation of Leaders in Science
Have you ever noticed how much energy Christians invest in “responding to” things? We respond to movies, books, politics, current …
- 01/25/2016 06:22 AM
Answering FAQs on Vaccine Safety
My previous article titled “Vaccine Safety and Loving Our Neighbors” generated some ardent reader responses. In this follow-up article I …
- 01/21/2016 07:06 AM
Did Mars Ever Have Liquid Water?
In recent years, the question of Mars has shifted from whether it hosts advanced life (an idea shown to be …
- 01/18/2016 06:00 AM
Is the Peer Review Process Advancing Science?
In today’s society, we often look to science as an unbiased source of truth, regulated by the peer review process. …
- 01/14/2016 06:00 AM
How Face Mites Support the Biblical Account of Human Origins
It’s a little gross to consider, but every one of us has mites that live in our hair follicles. Most …
- 01/11/2016 02:26 AM
Mites Take a Bite Out of Evolution
The week between Christmas and New Yearâ€™s Day holds special significance for our family. It is the time of the …
- 01/07/2016 02:09 AM
Is the Solar System Too Fine-Tuned for Modern Science?
All standard planetary formation models, when applied to the solar system, are stymied by the Mars Problem. The most sophisticated …
Last Modified June 16, 2006