Evidence for Design in Biology
Intelligent design (ID) has been described as "creationism in a cheap tuxedo." The most common complaint against ID is that it is not testable and represents a "God of the gaps" argument. We actually agree that any version of ID that fails to identify the designer probably is not testable. So, we suggest that a biblical creation model be compared to the predictions of a solely naturalistic worldview. What about all the examples of poor design, including "junk DNA" and pseudogenes? Actually, the latest scientific data shows that the "best" examples of bad design are, in fact, not bad...
- Can Intelligent Design (ID) be a Testable, Scientific Theory?
- Creationary Model for the Universe and Life on Earth
- God of the Gaps - Do All Christian Apologetics Fall Into This Kind of Argument?
- Examples of Bad Design Gone Bad - Evolutionists examples (human esophagus, Panda's thumb, vertebrate retina, appendix, junk Deoxyribonucleic acid: the chemical inside the nucleus of a cell that carries the genetic instructions for making living organisms.DNA, etc.) of "bad" design refuted through new studies
- The Washing Machine from the Bad Place- A Lesson on Intelligent Design - And you thought only biological systems could be poorly designed!
- Response to "Dissecting Dembski's 'Complex Specified Information'" Can evolution produce specified complexity?
- The Designing Times - The news the evolutionists don't want you to read!
- Origins News - Recent news from the scientific community about the origins of humans and animals
- "Junk" DNA: Why non-coding DNA Isn't Really Junk - Definitive evidence for design and function of DNA that does not carry the information necessary to make a protein.non-coding Deoxyribonucleic acid: the chemical inside the nucleus of a cell that carries the genetic instructions for making living organisms.DNA found! When your evolutionist friends tell you that all the junk Deoxyribonucleic acid: the chemical inside the nucleus of a cell that carries the genetic instructions for making living organisms.DNA in our genes precludes an intelligent Creator, send them here!
- Pseudogenes- Argument for Evolution and Against Design? - Not only are many psuedogenes transcribed, but some are even required for life.
- Origin of First Plants on Land: Bible Said It First - Land plants appeared before sea animals, as the Bible claimed.
- Book Review: Creating Life in the Lab: How New discoveries in Synthetic Biology Make a Case for the Creator
- Book Review: The Cell's Design: How Chemistry Reveals the Creator's Artistry
- Book Review: More Than a Theory: Revealing a Testable Model for Creation by Hugh Ross
- Book Review: Creation As Science: A Testable Model Approach to End the Creation/evolution Wars
- Book Review: Intelligent Design 101: Leading Experts Explain the Key Issues
- Book Review: The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief
- Book Review: Why We Believe What We Believe: Uncovering Our Biological Need for Meaning, Spirituality, and Truth
More Evolution vs. Design
- Evidence for Design in the Universe
- Scientific Theories on the Origin of Life
- Theories on the Descent of Humans
- Evolutionary Biology Theories/Problems
- Evolutionary Theories and Biblical Morality
Fazale Rana (Ph.D. in chemistry), vice president of research and apologetics at Reasons To Believe, has written a new book, The Cell's Design: How Chemistry Reveals the Creator's Artistry, that attempts to show that cellular biochemistry points to the existence of the Creator who designed it. Whereas most intelligent design books attempt to show the existence of design by demonstrating the existence of irreducible complexity, Dr. Rana examines the cell's biochemistry with broad strokes of how everything works together with such marvelous fidelity. So, even if a single piece or line of evidence might be dismissed as a statistical outlier, the weight of evidence makes a powerful case for design by a Creator. Each chapter begins with an analogy from the art world that relates to the topic at hand. Apparently, Dr. Rana is quite an art enthusiast. More...
The Edge of Evolution: The Search for the Limits of Darwinism by Michael Behe
Darwin's Black Box author Michael Behe takes on the limits of evolution through an examination of specific genetic examples. Behe finds that mutation and natural selection is capable of generating trivial examples of evolutionary change. Although he concludes that descent with modification has occurred throughout biological history, the molecular devices found throughout nature cannot be accounted for through natural selection and mutation. Behe's book claims to develop a framework for testing intelligent design by defining the principles by which Darwinian evolution can be distinguished from design.
How Blind Is the Watchmaker?:
Nature's Design & the Limits of Naturalistic Science by Neil Broom, William
A. Dembski. This book examines the naturalistic origin of life, along with the intricate complexity of
design in biology, and exposes the weaknesses of the naturalistic
Last Modified April 18, 2011