Evidence for Design in the Universe
The Intelligent design (ID) movement, with its "big tent" approach has not produced any kind of model that could be tested and represents a "God of the gaps" argument. However, the latest scientific data shows that there is apparent design of the universe and the Earth. In fact, dark energy, discovered about 10 years ago, provides the most extreme example of fine tuning. Contrary to the expectations of atheists, the scientific data clearly indicates that the universe is not eternal, but had a beginning, just as claimed in the Bible. How could a bunch of goat-herders from 3,000 years ago have accurately predicted the nature of the universe? Why has Stephen Hawking gotten it so wrong?
- Design vs. Naturalism - General Introduction for Non-Believers - What you must believe (i.e., not testable) as an atheist.
- Can Intelligent Design (ID) be a Testable, Scientific Theory? - A testable, falsifiable, predictive biblical creation model.
- Religion and Intelligent Design Impede Science and Close Off Inquiry? Are we really anti-science?
- Evidence for the Fine Tuning of the
Universe - Why are the physical constants the way they are? Is it chance
- Missing the Obvious - Kemo Sabi has a message for all you Tontos.
- Extreme Fine Tuning - the Cosmological Constant - Would you believe 1 in 10120?
- UFO's and Extraterrestrial Aliens - Why Earth Has Never Been Visited - Numerous laws of physics prevent visitation
- Inflationary Big Bang Model - How it all started.
- Why is There Something Instead of Nothing? - Is it really true that universes can appear from nothing?
- The Universe is Not Eternal, But Had A Beginning - Contrary to atheist's claims, the majority of scientists state as fact that the universe had a beginning.
- Why Stephen Hawking is Wrong About God Not Creating the Universe - The universe just created itself out of nothing?
- Size of the Universe: Isn't it Too Large to Have Been Created by God for Humanity? Why didn't God create just one star and one planet?
- If God is Omnipotent (All Powerful) Why Did He Need to Take Six Days to Create the Universe? Why did God wait so long to create the Earth and human beings on it?
- The Incredible Design of the Earth
- Just the third rock from an ordinary star?
- Does 'Goldilocks' Planet Gliese 581g Harbor Life? Is it really 100% likely that life exists there?
- Kepler 22b: Why it is Almost Certainly NOT Habitable
- An Estimate of the Probability for Attaining the Necessary Parameters for Life Support - Table of probabilities.
- Moons Like Earth's Moon are Rare in the Universe
- Evidence for God's Existence from Cosmology ( PowerPoint file - 1.3 MB)
- From the Beginning to Man- How God Declares His Love to Us Through the Design of the Universe ( PowerPoint file - 5.7 MB)
- Quotes from Scientists Regarding Design of the Universe - They say the funniest things, even though they still don't get it!
- God of the Gaps - Do All Christian Apologetics Fall Into This Kind of Argument? - A survey of arguments reported to support the existence of God and whether they are just due to a lack of scientific knowledge.
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? - Antony Flew Renounces Atheism - After actively promoting atheism for decades, Prof. Flew embraces deism, saying he "had to go where the evidence leads."
- Book Review: There Is a God: How the World's Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind by Antony Flew
- Did David Hume Really Defeat William Paley's Watchmaker Argument? What were Hume's arguments? Did they even turn out to be true?
- Where is God When Bad Things Happen? Why Natural Evil Must Exist - Contrary to skeptical claims, nearly all "natural evil" is required for life to exist at all.
- Does the Second Law of Thermodynamics Prove the Existence of God? - by John M. Cimbala, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
- How "Creation" Implies God by Dennis Bonnette
- The Extradimensional Nature of God - How can God do that?
- Take the
Ultimate Atheist Challenge and Design Your Own Universe - Try your hand at it. It is not as easy as first impressions...
- Alternative Universes - Your designs - can you do better?
- Book Review: Why the Universe Is the Way It Is by Hugh Ross
- Book Review: More Than a Theory: Revealing a Testable Model for Creation by Hugh Ross
- Book Review: Creation As Science: A Testable Model Approach to End the Creation/evolution Wars
- Book Review: Intelligent Design 101: Leading Experts Explain the Key Issues
- Book Review: The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief
More Evolution vs. Design
- Evidence for Design in the Universe
- Scientific Theories on the Origin of Life
- Theories on the Descent of Humans
- Evolutionary Biology Theories/Problems
- Evolutionary Theories and Biblical Morality
More Than a Theory: Revealing a Testable Model for Creation by Hugh Ross In the fourth book of his testable creation series, Hugh Ross (Reasons To Believe, RTB) examines the entire sweep of creation as a basis for a testable creation model. If you are interested in getting started with the RTB creation model, this is the book with which you should begin your reading. More...
Why the Universe Is the Way It Is by Hugh Ross In a slight departure from their usual books on a testable creation model, Hugh Ross (Reasons To Believe) takes on the big "why" questions about the universe and why God created in the way He did. This book represents a continuation of Creation As Science with more emphasis on how biblical theology fits with what we know about the characteristics of the universe and life on earth. Hugh Ross' book is an excellent integration of biblical theology with the latest scientific evidence that supports the Christian worldview and the Bible as God's revelation to humanity. More...
The Creator and the Cosmos by Dr. Hugh Ross. A classic book for modern Christian apologetics and science. Dr. Ross presents the latest scientific evidence for intelligent design of our world and an easy to understand introduction to modern cosmology. This is a great book to give agnostics, who have an interest in cosmology and astronomy.
Last Modified August 7, 2011