First | Previous
| Next | Last |
| Index | Home
43 of 49
So I am guilty of breaking
God's eternal and righteous laws and have fallen under the sentence of
death. However, God, being a God of love, has provided a means of escape
for those who will believe in His promises. Even from the first sin,1
God promised a means of escape from the punishment of death due to sin.2
This escape was to be through the Messiah3 - the One anointed
by God4 to bear the sin of mankind.5 Since the sin
of mankind fell upon Him,6 the punishment of death likewise
fell upon Him,7 although He didn't deserve it.8
Those who believe the promise of God receive the free gift of eternal
life.9 The unworthy receive not only eternal life, but
fellowship with a Holy God,10 since we have been declared to be
completely righteous in the eyes of God11 simply because of our
faith.12 So what good are the laws of God found throughout the
Bible? It is through the law that we come to the place where we realize
that we are sinners and are in need of a Savior.13 If you have
no assurance of salvation and no fellowship with God, you can receive
God's free gift right now through a sincere prayer to receive Jesus Christ
as Lord and Savior.
- And I will put enmity between you [Satan] and the woman, and between your seed
and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, and you shall bruise him on the heel."
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- "Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way
before Me. And the LORD, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the
messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming," says the LORD
of hosts. (Malachi 3:1)
- Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of uprightness is the
scepter of Thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated wickedness; therefore
God, Thy God, has anointed Thee with the oil of joy above Thy fellows. (Psalm 45:6-7)
- And He saw that there was no man, And was astonished that there was no one to
intercede; Then His own arm brought salvation to Him; And His righteousness upheld Him. (Isaiah
Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, And He will divide the booty with the strong; Because He poured out Himself to death, And was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, And interceded for the transgressors.
- He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.
(1 Peter 2:24)
- He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.
- "He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth."
(1 Peter 2:22)
- For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.
(1 Peter 3:18a)
- This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.
- Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus
Christ. (Romans 5:1)
- Therefore no one will be declared righteous in
His sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.