Links to Young-Earth Creationism Critiques
- Already Compromised Book Review by Krista Bontrager
- Is There Really Scientific Evidence for a Young Earth? by Matthew S. Tiscareno
- The Age of the Earth - Ruminations of a Reluctant Old Earth Creationist by Tom Couchman
- Young-Earth Creationism: A Literal Enigma By Dick Fischer
- Young-Earth Arguments: A Second Look by Glenn R. Morton
- Evidences That Have Led Many Scientists to Accept An Ancient Date for Creation of the Earth and Universe by Hill Roberts
- Notable Christian Leaders Who Believe in or are Open to an Old Earth Interpretation
- Guide to the Creation-Date Debate by Darrick Dean
- Creation Essentials, Creation Non-Essentials by Dave Kresta
- Answers In Creation - Old-Earth Answers to Young-Earth Claims
- A New Look At An Old Earth by Don Stoner
- Arguments we think creationists should NOT use (Answers in Genesis, an organization of young earth creationists)
- Biblical Chronology and the 8,000-Year-Long Bristlecone Pine Tree-Ring Chronology by John Woodmorappe (Answers in Genesis) - Surprisingly, Woodmorappe comes to the conclusion that "The 8,000-year-long BCP chronology appears to be correctly crossmatched..." virtually insuring that either the flood was not global or that the date of the flood was much earlier than AIG biblical genealogies would allow for.
- Maintaining Creationist Integrity - A response to Kent Hovind (written by Answers in Genesis, but hosted on Creation Ministries International Ltd)
- A constructive quest for truth by John Baumgardner Answers in Genesis young earth creationist, John Baumgardner, a geophysicist, admits that the "reality of plate tectonics has been established beyond any reasonable doubt", and that "Fossil succession represents an undeniable reality of what creationists and evolutionists alike observe in the rock strata". Yes, this is from the AIG site!
Former YEC Testimonies
- Young- and Old-Earth Creationists: Can we even talk together? by Sonlight Curriculum
- Creation, Evolution and Adam by Ed
- Steve Smith's Testimony
- Why I left Young-earth Creationism by Glenn R. Morton
- Steve Robertson Story: a Case History of What Happens to a Young-earth Advocate who works in Geology
- The Testimony of a Formerly Young Earth Missionary by Dr. Joshua Zorn
- Victorian Geology by John van Wyhe - "A common historical myth is that Victorian geology was torn between religious traditionalists and secular geologists. In fact long before the Victorian period all accredited geologists (with very few exceptions) agreed that the earth was millions of years old, that strata were layers from different times and the Book of Genesis was either not incompatible with the findings of modern geology or irrelevant to them."
- Cretinism or Evilution?: Liberal Trend Among Evangelicals? - "'...Flood geology' had been seriously considered and rejected by devout Christian geologists before Darwin's book on evolution was published in 1859. So conservative Christians had little trouble agreeing that "the earth was very old" for over a hundred years prior to the appearance of Price's and Morris' writings."
- Radiometric Dating: A Christian Perspective by Dr. Roger C. Wiens
- Supernovae, Supernova Remnants and Young Earth Creationism by Dave Moore
Dr. Ross looks the creation date controversy from a biblical, historical, and scientific perspective. Most of the book deals with what the Bible has to say about the days of creation. Ross concludes that biblical models of creation should be tested through the whole of scripture and the revelations of nature.
Peril in Paradise: Theology, Science, and the Age of the Earth by Mark S. Whorton, Ph.D.
This book, written for Christians, examines creation paradigms on the basis of what scripture says. Many Christians assume that the young earth "perfect paradise" paradigm is based upon what the Bible says. In reality, the "perfect paradise" paradigm fails in its lack of biblical support and also in its underlying assumptions that it forces upon a "Christian" worldview. Under the "perfect paradise" paradigm, God is relegated to the position of a poor designer, whose plans for the perfect creation are ruined by the disobedience of Adam and Eve. God is forced to come up with "plan B," in which He vindictively creates weeds, disease, carnivorous animals, and death to get back at humanity for their sin. Young earth creationists inadvertently buy into the atheistic worldview that suffering could not have been the original intent of God, stating that the earth was created "for our pleasure." However, the Bible says that God created carnivores, and that the death of animals and plants was part of God's original design for the earth.
Don Stoner looks at the age of the earth from a scientific and biblical perspective. He presents much more evidence that is not presented in Creation and Time.
Last Modified May 27, 2011