Who has to prove it?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Katabole
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Who has to prove it?

Post by Katabole »

Jonouchi Katsuya wrote:They can be. In an ideal world...
If we only lived in an ideal world. The human world is corrupt, violent and cruel. The natural world though beautiful, is heaved by tectonic and carved by atomspheric and oceanic forces and contains plants and animals that devour each other regularly.

I understand the present day persecutions of Buddhism. But the initial Christian claim was that a dead man came back to life after being dead for three days and nights. Any fool knows that dead people don't come back to life. For the early church to preach a claim of resurrection was absolutely absurd; even more absurd 2000 years ago. For the church to have succeeded at all it really should have taught any other claim than dead people rising up. But that was their claim and many died horribly holding onto that belief. And because others witnessed Christians being martyred and dying for their faith, many became Christians, hence the rise of Christianity, historically documented.
Jonouchi Katsuya wrote:Every religion has someone else who just... doesn't agree... and wants to take away the peace that the other may obtain from it.
People may obtain peace from belief systems. I have no problem with them attaining peace. But just because someone gains peace, that doesn't mean that it's true.

Gaining personal enlightement on top of the mountain is fine. But when the people down in the valley are starving because those who could help them are on top of the mountain seeking oneness with the universe, personal enlightenment seems rather selfish.
Jonouchi Katsuya wrote:There are actually Buddhist Christians in the world. ^.^; So obviously some people think you can have it many ways.
Yes, that is what some people think. What they think and what is actually true can be and in many instances are, completely different things.
neo-x wrote:Anyways, socially, Buddhism is ideal solution for meditation and peace, but on theological or philosophical grounds, to me is not fully explaining or answering.
Agreed Neo.
There are two types of people in our world: those who believe in Christ and those who will.

If Christianity is a man-made religion, then why is its doctrine vehemently against all of man's desires?

Every one that is of the truth hears my voice. Jesus from John 18:37
CaptainBeatDown
Acquainted Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Who has to prove it?

Post by CaptainBeatDown »

"Atheists don't get the peace of their soul, technically they think they don't have a soul, hence no after life...cut them off the list. so there is no peace, it is wrong to even think they would need peace soul-wise or after life wise."
Misconceptions,there is nothing that says an atheist can't love,find inner peace through buddhism(buddhism is a way of life,not necessarily a religion)people can still take in concepts and morales from religion. Atheist just don't do religion because religion doesn't explain things for them and so they will not participate.
Personally as an atheist I've accepted that I can die any moment. Any animal,and insect I kill,will be permanently gone. And this is why I'm a vegetarian and do no harm. When I die all my actions that I have done are eternal,in time I have left my mark and that's where I stand for the rest of my existence.
At 12:55 PM,August 14th,2011. I will forever at that moment in time be stuck with whatever action I chose. And the actions I decided to go along with for the rest of my life are ones that should make others happy. People can be generous without religion poking at their sides saying,"You have to be this way if you want to go to heaven." As Christians vary,so do atheists. Some Christians can be extremely nice and helpful,while others can be prideful and look down on others with a superiority complex because they believe others philosophies are inferior. Some atheists could easily say,"HEY I WANT WHAT I WANT BECAUSE THERE IS NO GOD,SO IMA STEAL ME SOME STUFF." On the other hand there are atheists who have humbled themselves in understanding they are speck in universe,no one would really care if they died and time moves on with or without them. So they could try to lead a non-stressful life,that promotes longevity and altruism. For your atheist friend,just believe if they're a good person they'll ascend to heaven. IF there is a god,it should judge people BASED off actions.