Another one down

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Another one down

Post by Murray »

Another state dismissal of all catholic orphanages and foster homes due to the churches strict stance on it's values and beliefs.

This time it is in illiniois. First the state cut 30 million dollars in funding to the church (which is understandable), but then the aclu said that the church was being discriminatory by not allowing gay couples (un married) couples to adopt, so even though the state had no funding to the orphanages, they still forced them to close and now their are a total of 0 catholic orphanages in illinois.

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/18/il ... ster-care/
Last edited by Murray on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Another one down

Post by Byblos »

Murray wrote:Another state dismissal of all catholic charities due to the churches strict stnce on it's values and beliefs.

This time it is in illiniois. First the state cut 30 million dollars in funding to the church (which is understandable), but then the aclu said that the church was being discriminatory by not allowing gay couples (un married) couples to adopt, so even though the state had no funding to the orphanages, they still forces them to close and now their are a total of 0 catholic orphanages in illinois.

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/18/il ... ster-care/
The ultimate result of gay marriage. :shakehead: Only a matter of time until NY follows suit. Even though Gov. Cuomo repeatedly promised this wouldn't happen here but it will. He had the power to force a new law in but he is powerless against the liberal supreme courts tasked with interpreting it.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.