NDE explanation?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
jakobp
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes

NDE explanation?

Post by jakobp »

I was arguing with an atheist and he told me about this expirement in which they strapped some volunteers onto a machine in which they spun them in a circle very quickly until they began to lose oxygen and caused stress, making them experience NDEs. I wasn't sure what the name of the expirement was so i could find any websites that debated it so i thought maybe you guys would know?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: NDE explanation?

Post by B. W. »

jakobp wrote:I was arguing with an atheist and he told me about this expirement in which they strapped some volunteers onto a machine in which they spun them in a circle very quickly until they began to lose oxygen and caused stress, making them experience NDEs. I wasn't sure what the name of the expirement was so i could find any websites that debated it so i thought maybe you guys would know?
There are reported cased of people dying and considered brain dead for up to 1 hour or even brought back after being shot in the head, ready to harvest organs, then come back - they all had After Death Experiences. watch the show or google it - I survived beyond and back - watch clips for a quick example of this....

-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
jakobp
Familiar Member

Post by jakobp »

Well i was looking at this site that seemed to talk about NDE's and it seemed to be a very spiritual sites that took NDE's as proof of afterlife, but it has an entire section on how you can trigger an NDE without actually dying, here's the site:

http://near-death.com/

Idk what they're trying to do with it, but it kind eliminates the idea of an NDE if you're not actually dying
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

I have read very very in depth about this in the past. Honestly, it holds soo little ground. May I say though that this man truly knew what he was doing when he did the experiment, to a person who is gullible it is a perfect experiment.

In his experiment he gave them a drug correct. This drug affected the pineal gland correct. Ok now brain antinomy comes into play now. While certain causes of death can affect the pineal gland, others cannot.
The pineal gland is neat, and the drugs he gave that over activated it did show some astonishing effects on his patients, but not to the extent he wants you to believe. Generally it gives you a sense of out of body and they do see a white light, yes, but it cannot promote feeling, and or seeing distinct objects. This is the major flaw in his experiment, the pineal gland , pretty much only allows you to experience the feeling and the white light sensation, and this fails very deeply to explain the very detailed and in depth NDE's.

Now back to what effects the pineal glad. Without drugs to have any effects on this part of the brain, you need , guess what? An effect on the brain. If somebody got stabbed alright, went into a shock, died shorty their after, then revived, none of the pineal gland comes into pay, at all. It is in a sense like a appendix in this situation, it has no function or use.

To activate the pineal gland you need brain trauma, and a very rare brain trauma for that matter (it needs to be extremely strong trauma like a baseball bat ) and in most cases with that much trauma you would either become a vegetable or just die.

I think if you were going to attempt to disprove the authenticity of NDEs The lucid dream theory would be the best, but , that one actually has 0 evidence and you cannot really test it so it will probably never be proven even if it is true. Does not really make to much sense though either because you do not dream when you are dead (the brain is not functioning, and you need brain function to dream) :/
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte