Sodomites

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Sodomites

Post by Murray »

Do you believe that this is the biblical corerct term to refer to gays? I just read like a 2 page thing on goodnewspost.com explaining to me why we should refer to gays as sodomites.

Personally I think It is a bit rude, But I was just wondering what your guys opinions on it are.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Sodomites

Post by Seraph »

I don't think it's a correct term. "Sodomy" refers to something different than homosexual sex, and I think Sodom itself was more atrocious for it's tendency to rape people, including angels, than for being gay.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Seraph wrote:I don't think it's a correct term. "Sodomy" refers to something different than homosexual sex, and I think Sodom itself was more atrocious for it's tendency to rape people, including angels, than for being gay.

Sodomite is used as a general term to describe somebody who is sexually imooral, (sodomy, one night stands, ect) but it seems to be used 98% of the time to describe homosexuals.

But then again they are committing the sin of sodomy so it seems like name does kind of fit.
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Seraph wrote:I don't think it's a correct term. "Sodomy" refers to something different than homosexual sex, and I think Sodom itself was more atrocious for it's tendency to rape people, including angels, than for being gay.
Wait what? they raped angels y:-/
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

CeT-To wrote:
Wait what? they raped angels y:-/

They tried to......

Rememeber, they went to try to find 10 good men in sodom, then the residents of sodom said to Lot, give them to us so we can have sex with them, Lot said no, sodomites attacked, angels blinded the sodomites.