Hello

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Hello

Post by Gman »

Johnny916 wrote:
Gman wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
My mum goes there a lot, i should stop being a scairdy cat and trust in the Lord.
You will never be the same if you go there.. Trust me.
My family wants to go to Israel also. We have never been there. My girlfriend is also a Jew and we're thinking of all going this Holiday Season.
I can't say enough about Israel... It is simply AWESOME for a Jew to return to their native land. I couldn't stop crying...

You HAVE to go.. It's a spiritual.. Magical place...

Once you get a taste of it, you will only want more... Like a drug. ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Johnny916
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Johnny916 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Johnny916 wrote:
Gman wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
And this is where i have found Christains to be anti-semetic ( not saying what you said is Gman ), they take the persecution of the Jews to mean that this is God's punishment on them which is incorrect.
I believe the persecution of the Jew's is the work of Satan, he wants to destroy God's people.
Oh yes I fully agree.. Satan is trying to kill the Jews so that the covenants will be broken. It's a spiritual problem but often we don't see that with spiritual eyes.

Unfortunately there is nowhere a Jew can hide. :esad:
By the way. What do you and the others think of Satan? Satan is just an angel in my book. Basically all Satan does is a job for G-d. Which is tempting people to sin. Do you agree or disagree?
Wouldn't this mean that God is tempting us, and wouldn't this go against the perfect nature of God?
Well, what do you mean? G-d has a plan for us. I believe. We have free-will and a choice to believe in G-d. Wouldn't it be a challenge to the believer in other to see how faithful he or she is to G-d? I'm think of taking a break this weekend to study the scripture at my girlfriends house. Maybe I can start threads discussing topics. What do you think?
Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

I can't say enough about Israel... It is simply AWESOME for a Jew to return to their native land. I couldn't stop crying...

You HAVE to go.. It's a spiritual.. Magical place...

Once you get a taste of it, you will only want more... Like a drug.
Yes, I would have to see different parts of the country. No one understands Hebrew. I'm the only person who knows a few words and phrases.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Well, what do you mean? G-d has a plan for us. I believe. We have free-will and a choice to believe in G-d. Wouldn't it be a challenge to the believer in other to see how faithful he or she is to G-d? I'm think of taking a break this weekend to study the scripture at my girlfriends house. Maybe I can start threads discussing topics. What do you think?
Sounds like a great idea, i too need to read my Bible more and im going to set aside some time this weekend.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Johnny916 wrote:Maybe I can start threads discussing topics. What do you think?
I'm in... Thanks for the invite Johnny. ;)

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

I would like to keep this for introduction. Sometime Sunday or Monday start a thread in the faith section discussing different subjects and introduce what Jews think of different topics.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I agree God had a plan for us when we were created, he knew that we would fall even before the creation But i dont think he wanted it to happen, it was just inevitable with a being that has a free will.
I believe he created us for the purpose of a loving relationship not as a test.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Johnny916 wrote:
Yes, I would have to see different parts of the country. No one understands Hebrew. I'm the only person who knows a few words and phrases.
Many there speak English so you won't be alone.. That's not much of a problem..

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Johnny916 wrote:I would like to keep this for introduction. Sometime Sunday or Monday start a thread in the faith section discussing different subjects and introduce what Jews think of different topics.
Excellent... I'm all for that and the Jewish perspectives. :thumbsup:

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Johnny916 wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:Doesn't the scripture say that he rebelled against God because he wanted to be like him? Ezekiel 28:15-17
What passages from scripture support your view of Lucifer?
Well angels cannot rebel against G-d in Judaism. Angels are perfect beings who cannot sin or have free-will. Very different between humans and angels. I believe the Lucifer title is for a defeated Babylonian king.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer Wikipedia has a good article. Detailing the Christian and Jewish view of Lucifer.
Remember, for G-d to be G-d – absolutely G-d. G-d would be absolutely just and if he denies free moral agency to moral beings, even to angelic beings, then God is not a God who is just, even to himself. He cannot be G-d who is actually perfect in all his ways as Deut 32:4 states. So does the Jewish idea that angels do not have free will, in essence teach that G-d is not as Moses says in Deut 32:4?

A being with free moral agency can come into understanding of G-d’s absoluteness and then reason if he could pit G-d’s own absolute standards of G-d’s very own character and nature against each other, he might overthrow G-d by disproving that G-d is G-d (Isaiah 14:13, Ezekiel 28:14, 15).
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Am i missing somthing whats with the "G-d" ??
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

The unpronounceable name of G-d, YHWH, which also has no vowels.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

okdokey, learned somthing new y:-?
Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Am i missing somthing whats with the "G-d" ??
Here you go buddy! Tell if you understand the article.
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_c ... s-Name.htm
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I now understand the concept, how is G-D any different from writing God as it still means the same thing?
We give names meaning so what difference does it make writing it a different way, sounds a little superstition to me ( not meaning any offence ) or am i not understanding properly?