Dating and YEC

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Dating and YEC

Post by zoegirl »

Okay,

You guys can have a bit of a chuckle, although it's been soooo frustrating on my part.

I have been a member of a Christian dating site for over two years and they recently added a discussion forum on their site as well. I just have to vent a bit because, wow, talk about a massive YEC conglomeration!! I know now where all of them are....

Not that it would be a deal breaker for me, but wow, it seems to be a deal breaker for the guys. I have had at least two interactions where inevitably the conversation comes round (because i teach science) and unfortunately....they don't like what they hear.

It's a bit sad as well, because I just came for the forums there and there are the typically responses (God didn't need the 6 days, why are you limiting His power?) and the devotion to Hovind and Ham is charming although sad.

Arg.....I give up....I will be single forever..... :esurprised:
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male

Re: Dating and YEC

Post by Gman »

zoegirl wrote:
It's a bit sad as well, because I just came for the forums there and there are the typically responses (God didn't need the 6 days, why are you limiting His power?) and the devotion to Hovind and Ham is charming although sad.

Arg.....I give up....I will be single forever..... :esurprised:
Not to worry.. Those aren't real men. :P
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

:)

You love a good debate! Did you sock it to 'em, Zoe?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Zoe,

Do you think it's a coincidence that they're YEC and not married? :lol:

Or, maybe it just means that dogmatic YEC is more prevalent among Christian men. We men can tend to be pretty stubborn.

I'm starting to believe that men may be the less intelligent of the 2 sexes. y#-o

No insult intended to the non-dogmatic YECr.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

I been terribly annoyed at their insistence at sticking to their dogma without even listening. I have heard at least 5 times the whole "limiting God" argument and each time I explain it. Talk about not listening!!

Equal number of women and men responding that way, I think it's just the standard fear of "losing faith" and agreeing with those nasty evolutionists.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

zoegirl wrote:I been terribly annoyed at their insistence at sticking to their dogma without even listening. I have heard at least 5 times the whole "limiting God" argument and each time I explain it. Talk about not listening!!

Equal number of women and men responding that way, I think it's just the standard fear of "losing faith" and agreeing with those nasty evolutionists.
I was going to respond by saying that men are known for not listening, until you said that it was an equal number of men and women.

Now I'll respond by asking why you went to a Christian dating site to talk to women?? y:-?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

lOL, it was a discussion forum.

two interactions: forum, with both genders and email, with only men

Problem, Danny, with socking it to them. ....the men still seem to , even when they claim they do like smart women, to NOT like smart women. They view it to be argumentative. So either I get labeled as being 1) heretical, 2) argumentative, 3) not faithful enough or 4) evolutionary
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

A woman nearing her 40s will only meet single men who are losers. You will have to wait until you are in your 50s - until married women start dying off from various diseases - then you'll be able to find a nice widower for a husband. I remember writing this to you about 2 years ago...things haven't changed since ...but you are two years closer to being married!

Remember to read the obituaries for possible early openings. Or, you may want to look into becoming a nun.:incense:

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

okay....well....if I wasn't depressed now....just kill me now God.....

Thanks.....I think.....

:roll:
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

You can do it zoegirl! There's a guy out there with your name on him. :)
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

zoegirl wrote:lOL, it was a discussion forum.

Problem, Danny, with socking it to them. ....the men still seem to , even when they claim they do like smart women, to NOT like smart women. They view it to be argumentative. So either I get labeled as being 1) heretical, 2) argumentative, 3) not faithful enough or 4) evolutionary
"Heretical"? On a dating website forum? :shakehead: Bet it's a bundle of laughs on there, zoe!
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Remember to read the obituaries for possible early openings. Or, you may want to look into becoming a nun.:incense:

FL
Well you don't have to sugar coat it like that.. :roll: :)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

zoegirl wrote:lOL, it was a discussion forum.

:amen: to this. One of my closest friends, a male, doesn't even have an associates, yet claims he can argue logic and philosophy better than I can, a female who has a university degree which included courses in critical thinking, ethics and elementary symbolic logic.

Now he's the one who's become an atheist. Just saying.

:shelp:
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Silverfang
Acquainted Member

Post by Silverfang »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:A woman nearing her 40s will only meet single men who are losers. You will have to wait until you are in your 50s - until married women start dying off from various diseases - then you'll be able to find a nice widower for a husband. I remember writing this to you about 2 years ago...things haven't changed since ...but you are two years closer to being married!

FL

Because that made her feel a lot better.... -_-

You can find someone zoe, try places outside of that dating site. Heck try to find a social activity related to God and science or Oecs(in your age geroup). That usually works a lot of times.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

LOL, I've done pretty much all of those....

It's in God's timing, but the whole YEC was a new element. Guess I've always been prepared to understand that I won't find someone who I agree with 100%, but it seems that people are not satisfied with anything other than finding their echo.