Dark Matter

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Dark Matter

Post by 1over137 »

ManOfScience wrote: The LHC crossed beams at 7 TeV (3.5 TeV each) today. All four (main) experiments reported seeing collisions. Maybe we'll soon have evidence of the supersymmetric particles that are thought to make up dark matter.
The air is getting thin for supersymmetry.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2 ... nding.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14680570

: (

... and it is such a wonderful theory ...
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by Murray »

the question is why is there life? How does it exist?

It is almost mind popping (great term , I know ;) ) to think that life exist! Just the state of being is astounding. I do not believe that vacuum is nothing ( It is something), and I do not believe that the state of being, being in control of your body, can be explained by nature. ( Questions like this are what stole me from atheism)

If I ever found some fault in my Christian beliefs I'd just become a deist or Buddhist, I KNOW there is something, there IS some life-force, there IS a soul, the evidence is in you friends :ebiggrin:

Think, think about how you are in control of this body, it just drives me insane that people do not think about this .ahhhh y#-o
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Murray wrote:... I do not believe that vacuum is nothing ( It is something)...
That's absolutely right. Vacuum is not nothing, it implies the existence of space (even space/time). Nothing is nothing, not even a vacuum.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Byblos wrote: That's absolutely right. Vacuum is not nothing, it implies the existence of space (even space/time). Nothing is nothing, not even a vacuum.
According to the relativity theory, space and time are not absolute but relative to the observer, and both are interwoven into a 4-dimensional space-time continuum. Einstein said:
"It was formerly believed that if all material things disappeared out of the universe, only time and space would be left. According to the relativity theory, however, time and space disappear together with the things."

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

1over137 wrote:
Byblos wrote: That's absolutely right. Vacuum is not nothing, it implies the existence of space (even space/time). Nothing is nothing, not even a vacuum.
According to the relativity theory, space and time are not absolute but relative to the observer, and both are interwoven into a 4-dimensional space-time continuum. Einstein said:
"It was formerly believed that if all material things disappeared out of the universe, only time and space would be left. According to the relativity theory, however, time and space disappear together with the things."
And where does that say anything about a vacuum? The speed of light can be measured inside a vacuum.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Byblos wrote:
1over137 wrote:
And where does that say anything about a vacuum? The speed of light can be measured inside a vacuum.
Vacuum has energy and also effects spacetime.

#foreverinmyheart
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

1over137 wrote:
Byblos wrote:
1over137 wrote:
Vacuum has energy and also effects spacetime.
Exactly.