Please pray for Israel!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Please pray for Israel!

Post by Gman »

I guess I'm the only one here pro Israeli... Maybe I'm wrong but if you have the chance please pray for Israel. When we join together in prayer, God can change the hearts of kings, and the plans of the enemy can be thwarted.

Israel is in a time of extraordinary crisis - as pressure mounts from every side.

• Key relationships with Turkey and Egypt have broken down.
• The support of the Obama administration has cooled toward Israel.
• The international community is increasingly hostile to Israel and its commitment to defend its borders.
• Within Israel the economic impact of the massive national defense programs leaves little or no money to care for the poor and disadvantaged – and there have been massive protests across Israel.
• The Palestinians do not recognize Israel’s right to exist, nor have they amended their charter that calls for the destruction of Israel.
• Arab leaders freely admit that Palestinian statehood is the first step to the final destruction of Israel.
• The Palestinian state calls for dividing Jerusalem—cutting off the biblical holy places from Jews and Christians.
• The Palestinian state proposes borders that further diminish Israel, leaving half a million Jews homeless.
• The Palestinian state cuts Israel in half and leaves God’s Promised Land virtually defenseless.
• The Palestinian state is “Judenrein,” racist—free of Jews, no Jews are allowed, and very limited to Christians.

Blessings.. y@};-
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Re: Please pray for Israel!

Post by DannyM »

Gman wrote:I guess I'm the only one here pro Israeli... Maybe I'm wrong but if you have the chance please pray for Israel. When we join together in prayer, God can change the hearts of kings, and the plans of the enemy can be thwarted.

Israel is in a time of extraordinary crisis - as pressure mounts from every side.

• Key relationships with Turkey and Egypt have broken down.
• The support of the Obama administration has cooled toward Israel.
• The international community is increasingly hostile to Israel and its commitment to defend its borders.
• Within Israel the economic impact of the massive national defense programs leaves little or no money to care for the poor and disadvantaged – and there have been massive protests across Israel.
• The Palestinians do not recognize Israel’s right to exist, nor have they amended their charter that calls for the destruction of Israel.
• Arab leaders freely admit that Palestinian statehood is the first step to the final destruction of Israel.
• The Palestinian state calls for dividing Jerusalem—cutting off the biblical holy places from Jews and Christians.
• The Palestinian state proposes borders that further diminish Israel, leaving half a million Jews homeless.
• The Palestinian state cuts Israel in half and leaves God’s Promised Land virtually defenseless.
• The Palestinian state is “Judenrein,” racist—free of Jews, no Jews are allowed, and very limited to Christians.

Blessings.. y@};-
I shall pray, G. Surely we are all pro Israel by definition. y@};-
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

Everybody here loves Isreal.....

What makes you think we don't?

I'm really not as worried about the Big bad u.n being mean to poor isreal. The U.N cannot do anything, what are they going to do, send peacekeepers to make isreal do it's will? No.

And Iran, even if they nuclearize (which they will), the cannot weaponize it, they have no ICBMs.

And the iranians are not stupid, what do you think isreal would do if they knew a warhead was going to wipe them out? They would emty their arsinal in a second, Iran knows this, they are not stupid.

Unless imawackjob wants to become a pile of goop then he will not bother isreal.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

I don't have anything against Israel and will pray for them, but I'm just wondering. Do we as modern day Christians have a responsibility to support Israel at all costs? Jesus already came from Israel and died like the jewish prophets said. Today, are they any more important than other countries?

God's relationship is with everyone, not just Israel. I think God's future plan for humanity will come to pass whether the US supports Israel or not. If Israel does in fact play a vital role, then I think God will make sure Israel is preserved.

Basically, I don't think God's will has a possibility of not being played out because we as Americans didn't do enough to support Israel.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Murray wrote:Everybody here loves Isreal.....

What makes you think we don't?

I'm really not as worried about the Big bad u.n being mean to poor isreal. The U.N cannot do anything, what are they going to do, send peacekeepers to make isreal do it's will? No.
That isn't true at all.. The U.N. can do a LOT to damage Israel. Nations can easily gang up on other nations and promote injustice. Read Chapter VII of the UN Charter sometime..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapter_VI ... ns_Charter

"Chapter VII of the United Nations Charter sets out the UN Security Council's powers to maintain peace. It allows the Council to "determine the existence of any threat to the peace, breach of the peace, or act of aggression" and to take military and nonmilitary action to "restore international peace and security".
Murray wrote:And Iran, even if they nuclearize (which they will), the cannot weaponize it, they have no ICBMs.
Not sure what you are talking about.. Iran has plenty of missiles that could strike Israel.. Maybe no real ICBMs yet, but plenty that could reach Israel..
Murray wrote:And the iranians are not stupid, what do you think isreal would do if they knew a warhead was going to wipe them out? They would emty their arsinal in a second, Iran knows this, they are not stupid.

Unless imawackjob wants to become a pile of goop then he will not bother isreal.
Just read what the nervous Iranian president says about blowing Israel out of the water every other week.. Yes, he is about wacky enough to do it. He is extremely insecure...

By the way it's spelled Israel not Isreal... For the record.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Seraph wrote:I don't have anything against Israel and will pray for them, but I'm just wondering. Do we as modern day Christians have a responsibility to support Israel at all costs? Jesus already came from Israel and died like the jewish prophets said. Today, are they any more important than other countries?

God's relationship is with everyone, not just Israel. I think God's future plan for humanity will come to pass whether the US supports Israel or not. If Israel does in fact play a vital role, then I think God will make sure Israel is preserved.

Basically, I don't think God's will has a possibility of not being played out because we as Americans didn't do enough to support Israel.
Good question Seraph... I believe that Christians do have a moral responsibly to support Israel.. Much of this is addressed in Romans 11: 11-32. We are to be grafted into a Jewish tree, not any other..

Ingrafted Branches

11 Again I ask: Did they (the Jews) stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. 12 But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring!

13 I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry 14 in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. 15 For if their (Jews) rejection brought reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot (Gentiles), have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root (Jews), 18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they (the Jews) were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. 23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

All Israel Will Be Saved

25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27 And this is[f] my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”[g]

28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they (the Jews) are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30 Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. 32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

My personal belief about this is that we are running out of time.. Why? Because more Jews are starting to figure out that Jesus was their messiah. My personal belief is they actually have the power to call Him back. And when they do, that will be the end to the evangelization of the Gentiles. It will be over...

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Just for the record.. The Jews are actually our brothers. Therefore we are to protect them in times of trouble. We must bond with them...

That is our duty as Christians.. y@};-

Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

So you believe the most ineffective and useless force on the planet will bring down Israel? These are the same blue hats the literally watched genocide in Kosovo. They are peacekeepers not peacemakers.

And Israel has been ganged up on enough times to know how to defend itself, the U.N, if anything is weaker than Syria, Jordan, turkey, Iran ect....
No army aside from
-china
-United states
-Germany
-Japan
-south Korea
-Russia
-France
-Great Brittan
Could even stand against Israel for a second. Maybe since you should read about Israel military. There technology is almost equal; to ours, there basic is probably better than ours, they use stricter discipline than us, and they are fighting for there very survival. They will not be beat by a middle eastern army that 1)uses outdated soviet war doctrine 2)extreme lack of discipline 3) unrigorous and unintense training 4) mid-level equipment but untrained in its use.

Middle Eastern armies could never stand a twig against a western army, and with that said may I direct you to look up this battle where a company (120 men) pf western troops defeated a brigade (4000 men) of middle eastern troops with a loss of one man while inflicting over a thousand on the enemy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_73_Easting Really gives you a good idea of how superior a western army is.

Israel has changed drastically since the Yom Kippur war, they will not probably ever again in there history be remotely pushed around militarily.

And for your threat on nukes,
1) He needs to weaponize it for an ICBM, North Korea has nukes but they would have to detonate them or drop them by plane, kind of like Iran
2) We have counter missiles all over the place over there, and assuming Iran will use an outdated LRM if the4y get one, our 2010 missile will have 0 issue getting that grandpa down.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

http://www.shoebat.com

watch the ''Do Not Sell Those Israeli Dates'' tirade in London on the above site. Israel is hurt by such boycotts.

I buy Israeli products at the supermarket whenever possible. Israel also produces excellent wines and after-dinner spirits such as Sabra.

http://www.jerusalemdepot.com is a great site to get all sorts of stuff from Israel, from sandals to jewellery to T-shirts to jams...

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:http://www.shoebat.com

watch the ''Do Not Sell Those Israeli Dates'' tirade in London on the above site. Israel is hurt by such boycotts.

I buy Israeli products at the supermarket whenever possible. Israel also produces excellent wines and after-dinner spirits such as Sabra.

http://www.jerusalemdepot.com is a great site to get all sorts of stuff from Israel, from sandals to jewellery to T-shirts to jams...

FL
Thanks for the tip ;)
will definitly check that out
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Murray wrote:So you believe the most ineffective and useless force on the planet will bring down Israel? These are the same blue hats the literally watched genocide in Kosovo. They are peacekeepers not peacemakers.

And Israel has been ganged up on enough times to know how to defend itself, the U.N, if anything is weaker than Syria, Jordan, turkey, Iran ect....
No army aside from
-china
-United states
-Germany
-Japan
-south Korea
-Russia
-France
-Great Brittan
Not exactly.. The UN can't really do much, but where their relations fail they can always fall back on the coalition of nations for support. It's happened before and it can happen again, like with Iraq.

What Israel has is G-D behind her... That is the key here. In fact the nations that try to go up against her are going to be in for a big surprise..
Murray wrote:Could even stand against Israel for a second. Maybe since you should read about Israel military. There technology is almost equal; to ours, there basic is probably better than ours, they use stricter discipline than us, and they are fighting for there very survival. They will not be beat by a middle eastern army that 1)uses outdated soviet war doctrine 2)extreme lack of discipline 3) unrigorous and unintense training 4) mid-level equipment but untrained in its use.
No kidding... Besides all that we are to pray for Israel.. That is what the message I'm trying to convey here.
Murray wrote:Middle Eastern armies could never stand a twig against a western army, and with that said may I direct you to look up this battle where a company (120 men) pf western troops defeated a brigade (4000 men) of middle eastern troops with a loss of one man while inflicting over a thousand on the enemy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_73_Easting Really gives you a good idea of how superior a western army is.

Israel has changed drastically since the Yom Kippur war, they will not probably ever again in there history be remotely pushed around militarily.
And what if the western armies are dumb enough to turn their back on Israel? Who knows, it could happen.. There is oil involved and nations don't like to tamper with those relations.
Murray wrote:And for your threat on nukes,
1) He needs to weaponize it for an ICBM, North Korea has nukes but they would have to detonate them or drop them by plane, kind of like Iran
2) We have counter missiles all over the place over there, and assuming Iran will use an outdated LRM if the4y get one, our 2010 missile will have 0 issue getting that grandpa down.
What are you talking about? You don't need missiles to create a nuke. Nukes can even be concealed in a suitcase.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:http://www.shoebat.com

FL
Thanks FL... I too buy a lot of Israeli products.

For chocolate I love Elite chocolate. Have you tried it before? Excellent..

http://www.israeliproducts.com/page/IP/PROD/FOD231

Another great site is Jesusboat.

http://jesusboat.com/?affid=45&gclid=CJ ... Qgod2gy-3w

Also it's great to support Buy Israeli Goods (BIG).

http://www.buyisraelgoods.org/

Keep it coming!!!! :P :amen: :thumbsup:

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I just received the September/October issue of Israel my Glory magazine ( www.foi.org to subscribe) and a little article on page 12 caught my eye. It is about a Christian police officer in Tulsa (Oklahoma, USA) who was demoted because he refused to attend a function hosted by the Muslim Brotherhood. You can read the article here:

www.tinyurl.com/WNDfields

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Alpha~Omega
Recognized Member

Post by Alpha~Omega »

I bought a Shofar from this site. I cant wait till it gets here, I hear this things really loud! I think it is good to support our brothers. I am my brothers keeper.
The Neurotic Saint.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

What God has planned for Israel is what God has planned.
Israel is sleeping in the bed it made and while I pray for peace every day, I know that what will happen to Israel will be of Israel's doing.
Israel has lost is awareness of its responsibility to the world and cares far more about what is "theirs" than they do about the responsibilities given to them By God.
Israel has suffered over and over because of their myopic views, by the Egyptians, by the Babylonians, by the Romans, under their own government.
Israel has forgotten what what they have is NOT theirs by a Gift from God and it seems that they have also turned their backs on their own history.