Trip to israel

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Trip to israel

Post by Murray »

As a graduation gift my dad promised to pay for me to take trip to israel with a christian group. Knowing many of you have gone to israel I was wondering if you guys know a good program/site/group to go with.

in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Trip to israel

Post by RickD »

Murray wrote:As a graduation gift my dad promised to pay for me to take trip to israel with a christian group. Knowing many of you have gone to israel I was wondering if you guys know a good program/site/group to go with.

Congratulations murray, you finally spelled Israel correctly. :lol:
Everybody here loves Isreal.....

What makes you think we don't?

I'm really not as worried about the Big bad u.n being mean to poor isreal. The U.N cannot do anything, what are they going to do, send peacekeepers to make isreal do it's will? No.

And Iran, even if they nuclearize (which they will), the cannot weaponize it, they have no ICBMs.

And the iranians are not stupid, what do you think isreal would do if they knew a warhead was going to wipe them out? They would emty their arsinal in a second, Iran knows this, they are not stupid.

Unless imawackjob wants to become a pile of goop then he will not bother isreal.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Last edited by Murray on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Murray wrote:As a graduation gift my dad promised to pay for me to take trip to israel with a christian group. Knowing many of you have gone to israel I was wondering if you guys know a good program/site/group to go with.

Smart man!!! You will be forever changed... There are many programs out there to go with. Some of the bigger ones are the following. I went just a few months ago with my church but I've heard that these are great too..

http://www.inspiredtravel.com/
http://www.vipisrael.com/
http://www.leseatours.com/
http://www.wherejesuswalked.org/
http://www.levitt.com/tourinfo.html

This will be the MOST important trip you will ever take in your life... I have been to many countries in my life but ISRAEL is the best. There is so much history there too.. We almost had a heart attack when we saw the temple mount.. Simply AWESOME!

Blessings.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Murray wrote:Thanks for the info rick.

Am I supposed to take my words back?

I love Israel, I can't wait to go there, I respect almost every claim that they make.

I do not think saying that Israel is a fierce fighting force makes me anti Israel.....
Sorry Murray. My joke went missing when I posted . It's fixed now.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Murray,

Here is a recent picture I took of the temple mount from the mount of olives where Christ will descend to shortly .. Just to get your appetite wet... Again I've been all over the world and Israel takes the cake.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

That picture is jaw dropping gman, I can't wait to see it in person :ebiggrin:

Thanks for the links as well, gonna look through all of them with my dad later tonight :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Murray wrote:That picture is jaw dropping gman, I can't wait to see it in person :ebiggrin:

Thanks for the links as well, gonna look through all of them with my dad later tonight :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
If you are being pulled to Israel I believe God is behind it.. It is also possible that you are a true descendant of Israel possibly thousands of years ago. That is what I found about myself. People are being drawn to it and are fascinated with it and they don't even know why..

God is calling you back... Sound like he wants you to aliyah...

Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

You lucky lucky lucky.............

I have always wanted to visit the Holy Land.

:clap:
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Silvertusk wrote:

You lucky lucky lucky.............

I have always wanted to visit the Holy Land.

:clap:
Me too, it has been a life long dream to visit the Christian holy sites. I was supposed to go this summer but time, finances and logistics did not permit (although I was about 20 miles from the Israeli boarder and could actually see it, so does that count?). I did go to Israel more than 30 years ago but that was, shall we say, under rather covert conditions and only to areas designated by the Israeli army (for military training).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.