Do mormon's go to heaven too?

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
ochotseat

Re: Are Mormons going to Heaven To ?

Post by ochotseat »

Tanyan wrote:Once again LDS Books/Journals/Papers/DVD'S/Videos/CD's/Audio Cassettes/Web Sites respond to all the above. I invite you to our responses there [Seek And Ye Shall Find, Knock and it shall be open unto you]. Go to http://www.shields-research.org click web links then apply and log on to the F.A.I.R message board and ask post your polemics there. I now know and see what THE LORD OF LIFE and his Prophets/Apostles/Christian followers had to go through by there critics, same polemics,attacks,slander,misrepresentation ect... . Joseph Smith was in great company in his persecution along with Jesus/Paul and other of the LORDS Annointed. May Grace Rain on you. In His Debt, Tanyan.
You cannot compare Joseph Smith to Jesus Christ.
You haven't tried to answer one of the provided questions.
I checked your site, and it states that it's possible for dead people's souls to achieve godhood. That sounds fishy to me, because the Bible doesn't mention that.
CountryBoy
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by CountryBoy »

Tanyan,

It would be nice if you were to answer a question instead of always just pointing people to a very hard to navigate site. You may be taken more seriously then.

Ochotseat,

If I said muslims worship mohammed, I meant it in the sense that they exalt him so much that they practically do worship him. The mormons treat joe smith the same way. The 2 are exalted much more than God would ever want a human being to be exalted.

In Christ's name
Tanyan
Recognized Member

Are Mormons going to Heaven To ?

Post by Tanyan »

Uh, yes I can persecution wise whether you accept it or not, as I can do the same with the Apostle Paul, both Apostles of the LORD OF LIFE. Which site did you go to ?, Ask the Early Christians. Thanks again. Oh by the way you forgot to mention that Joseph Smith Jr. was Aquitted of every charge when he went to court for. Money digging was an accepted profession back then, but Joseph Smith only did it for a little while and quit due to the unproductiveness of his labor and told his boss so. In His Debt, Tanyan.
Tanyan
Recognized Member

Post by Tanyan »

CountryBoy,

I am just reffering people where to find the answers, why should I reinvent the Wheel ?. My computer skills are limited, what is a site that is hard to navigate ?, I seem to have no problem going to the sited I referred you all to. Work we Must but The Lunch is Free.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

My suggestion here is to focus on your respective personal beliefs, rather than arguing about the religion itself. We can obviously go to a mormon site to learn what they believe - but what's more relevant here is what we all believe as individuals. For CB and others, it might help to limit the questions to a few that are very direct. And Tanyan, I'd encourage you to answer your own personal beliefs about these few important questions rather than turning to what everyone else is saying. Faith and one's walk with God is between an individual and Him - in reality it may be the most individual and personal human experience.
Tanyan
Recognized Member

Post by Tanyan »

Felgar, Thank you for your Christlike suggestion, perhaps as time permits I can share my personal Faith/Belief system as found in my Heart/Mind. May Grace Rain on you this Day/Night. In His Debt, Tanyan.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

CountryBoy wrote:
Ochotseat,

If I said muslims worship mohammed, I meant it in the sense that they exalt him so much that they practically do worship him. The mormons treat joe smith the same way. The 2 are exalted much more than God would ever want a human being to be exalted.

In Christ's name
They do laud them a lot, but we Christians respect our prophets too.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

ochotseat wrote:
CountryBoy wrote:
Ochotseat,

In Christ's name
They do laud them a lot, but we Christians respect our prophets too.
Absolutely we place the Christian prophets (apostles) in very high standing, esspecially that we consider them to have been writing the inspired Word of God and as such place those writings above all other possible sources of authority.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

CountryBoy wrote:Tanyan,

It would be nice if you were to answer a question instead of always just pointing people to a very hard to navigate site. You may be taken more seriously then.
Yeah, why is that site so hard to navigate anyway?
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Felgar wrote: Absolutely we place the Christian prophets (apostles) in very high standing, esspecially that we consider them to have been writing the inspired Word of God and as such place those writings above all other possible sources of authority.
Do you believe Joseph Smith received revelations from Christ?
Tanyan
Recognized Member

Do Mormons go to Heaven To ?.

Post by Tanyan »

Yes I do. Being not that familiar with computer lingo/terminology I am wondering what the word : "Navigate" means in relation to trying to get to the web address I provided. I do not have a problem going there and scrolling around/searching. Oh Well, my bed becons, must go. Grace to you all. In His Debt, Tanyan.
CountryBoy
Established Member

Post by CountryBoy »

Felgar wrote:

Absolutely we place the Christian prophets (apostles) in very high standing, esspecially that we consider them to have been writing the inspired Word of God and as such place those writings above all other possible sources of authority.

Do you believe Joseph Smith received revelations from Christ?
No, not from Christ, from lucifer, who mormons think is Christ's brother anyhow, so I guess it's OK with them if that be true.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

ochotseat wrote:Do you believe Joseph Smith received revelations from Christ?
No, not at all.
ochotseat

Re: Do Mormons go to Heaven To ?.

Post by ochotseat »

No, not from Christ, from lucifer, who mormons think is Christ's brother anyhow, so I guess it's OK with them if that be true.
Tan, do you believe Jesus Christ is really Lucifer/Satan's brother? How can this be if Lucifer's a fallen angel (God's former heavenly servant and one of his creations) and Jesus is God himself?
Tanyan wrote:Yes I do. Being not that familiar with computer lingo/terminology I am wondering what the word : "Navigate" means in relation to trying to get to the web address I provided. I do not have a problem going there and scrolling around/searching. Oh Well, my bed becons, must go. Grace to you all. In His Debt, Tanyan.
What's odd to me is that some Mormons believe the word of God (Bible) is incomplete without Smith's three books in spite of the Bible clearly stating that it's complete in itself.

And why did Smith receive his divine revelations 2000 years after the last book of the Bible was received from God and written by St. Paul? Why so much later?

I respect the Mormon people, but I find some of their beliefs unsettling. Christians may be more receptive toward them if some of their beliefs were a bit closer to the Protestant/Roman Catholic/Orthodox Church or Messianic Judaism.
Tanyan
Recognized Member

Post by Tanyan »

I ask you to read this article by a Former LDS member now Evangelical Professor/Scholar who is critical of the standard witnessing techniques /Literature put out by evangelicals against LDS see: http://www.communiosanctorum.com/?p=19. May Grace Rain on you this Day.