"I am the way and the truth and the life."

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

OK, mastermind

Post by Christian2 »

Show me one Scripture where Jesus said that we have to believe that He died for our sins in order to be saved.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

OK bizzt

Post by Christian2 »

Like Mastermind said Jesus did not have to die. However If he did not die then our Sins would still have to be paid for by Death.
Do you not think that if we have faith in God and turn to Him in true repentance, and ask God for forgiveness of our sins, that in His love for us and His compassion and mercy, He would not forgive us?
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Re: OK, mastermind

Post by bizzt »

Christian2 wrote:Show me one Scripture where Jesus said that we have to believe that He died for our sins in order to be saved.
Hey Christian2

As promised

1Cr 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

bizzt

Post by Christian2 »

Hi bizzt,

Your Scripture doesn't work. This is what I asked for:

Show me one Scripture where Jesus said that we have to believe that He died for our sins in order to be saved.

Your Scripture was from Paul. Can you come up with one from Jesus?

Thanks.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Here are some more

Gal 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.

1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.
bizzt

Re: bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Christian2 wrote:Hi bizzt,

Your Scripture doesn't work. This is what I asked for:

Your Scripture was from Paul. Can you come up with one from Jesus?

Thanks.
Sorry... Isn't all scripture Authoritive??
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

bizzt

Post by Christian2 »

bizzt,

Once again the Scriptures you noted do not come directly from Jesus.
I do believe that all Scriptures are inspired, but I think that the Scriptures of the Apostles and followers of Jesus should lead back to the teachings of Jesus. If they don't, then whose "gospel" are we following?

However, I think I found one from Jesus that ties what Paul and John said back to Jesus:

Mark 10:45, For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.

But my question still hasn't been answered which was:

bizzt

Re: bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Christian2 wrote:bizzt,

Once again the Scriptures you noted do not come directly from Jesus.
I do believe that all Scriptures are inspired, but I think that the Scriptures of the Apostles and followers of Jesus should lead back to the teachings of Jesus. If they don't, then whose "gospel" are we following?

However, I think I found one from Jesus that ties what Paul and John said back to Jesus:

Mark 10:45, For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.

But my question still hasn't been answered which was:

I understand what you are looking for. I can't find it right now but If we cannot Trust the Apostles whom Wrote the Scriptures like Luke, Paul, Peter etc... then how can we trust if they wrote what Jesus SAID correctly?

I will continue searching for that Scripture you are looking for but the 4 Scriptures I gave should be Good enough Considering they are all INSPIRED BY JESUS/GOD himself.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

The strangest things end up under science...
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

bizzt

Post by Christian2 »

If we cannot Trust the Apostles whom Wrote the Scriptures like Luke, Paul, Peter etc... then how can we trust if they wrote what Jesus SAID correctly?
Point taken.