Scale of the Universe

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Scale of the Universe

Post by August »

This may have been posted before, but it remains cool:

http://primaxstudio.com/stuff/scale_of_ ... /index.php
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Scale of the Universe

Post by Silvertusk »

Thanks August - that was brilliant.

Silvertusk.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

That kind of stuff really blows my mind. It's amazing, and I can't even fully grasp the size that is shown there. My mind starts going haywire when I try to really understand how vast our universe is.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:That kind of stuff really blows my mind. It's amazing, and I can't even fully grasp the size that is shown there. My mind starts going haywire when I try to really understand how vast our universe is.
Now imagine an infinite number of those. :shakehead:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:That kind of stuff really blows my mind. It's amazing, and I can't even fully grasp the size that is shown there. My mind starts going haywire when I try to really understand how vast our universe is.
Now imagine an infinite number of those. :shakehead:
Byblos, infinite anything, is not something my simple mind can grasp. :lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
idman
Newbie Member

Post by idman »

I'm a newbie on your site for the first time. This reality that we are in is truly beyond our scope. I find it interesting over the years (I'm 75) to follow the cosmology and its changing character partly due to changes in viewing reality. We are truly stretching ourselves a bit in pinning it down. Looking at this clip on the size of the universe truly inspires awe beyond our understanding. Yet this is just geometry. There is so much more. We can hardly put the Creator of this in a box and tell him how he did it. Thankfully we have Jesus sent to us to lead us through a life. I think the Bible presents a simple picture that says "God ceated us". Proud as we are of our discernments today, surely they will have changed exponentially in another lifetime. Mostly in our perception of reality and "who are the "WE". I m fascinated with the power put to bear by Science in investigating these things. I am sure God has a plan for all of this that we are doing and learning.... hopefully how to live together. Jesus message was so simple. "Follow me"
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

idman wrote:I'm a newbie on your site for the first time. This reality that we are in is truly beyond our scope. I find it interesting over the years (I'm 75) to follow the cosmology and its changing character partly due to changes in viewing reality. We are truly stretching ourselves a bit in pinning it down. Looking at this clip on the size of the universe truly inspires awe beyond our understanding. Yet this is just geometry. There is so much more. We can hardly put the Creator of this in a box and tell him how he did it. Thankfully we have Jesus sent to us to lead us through a life. I think the Bible presents a simple picture that says "God ceated us". Proud as we are of our discernments today, surely they will have changed exponentially in another lifetime. Mostly in our perception of reality and "who are the "WE". I m fascinated with the power put to bear by Science in investigating these things. I am sure God has a plan for all of this that we are doing and learning.... hopefully how to live together. Jesus message was so simple. "Follow me"
Welcome, idman!! :wave:
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

idman wrote:I'm a newbie on your site for the first time. This reality that we are in is truly beyond our scope. I find it interesting over the years (I'm 75) to follow the cosmology and its changing character partly due to changes in viewing reality. We are truly stretching ourselves a bit in pinning it down. Looking at this clip on the size of the universe truly inspires awe beyond our understanding. Yet this is just geometry. There is so much more. We can hardly put the Creator of this in a box and tell him how he did it. Thankfully we have Jesus sent to us to lead us through a life. I think the Bible presents a simple picture that says "God ceated us". Proud as we are of our discernments today, surely they will have changed exponentially in another lifetime. Mostly in our perception of reality and "who are the "WE". I m fascinated with the power put to bear by Science in investigating these things. I am sure God has a plan for all of this that we are doing and learning.... hopefully how to live together. Jesus message was so simple. "Follow me"
Science testifies to His wonders. Nice post, welcome to the board.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Ditto - Welcome to the Board IDman.