Christianity under threat from Pan theiesm

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
domokunrox
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Christianity under threat from Pan theiesm

Post by domokunrox »

I actually have been wanting to create this thread here for quite a while, but I needed to gather the right words and collect the correct information to present.

This forum and site is mostly dedicated to evidence for God in science and there is a philosophy section along with it. However, I wanted to bring up what I believe to be the REAL threat to the lost, and what I believe is poaching from every group of theists and even non theists.

Im talking about spirualism and the so called "Pan theistic view". Now this view is in my opinion the greater threat to humanity. Why? The atheist or non-theist actually can't avoid logic and facts without looking silly. The spirualist or religious pluralist does not apply logic because they actually believe that they can see beyond the logic.

You often hear quotes from these people who say things like
"You cannot contain what is by its very essence uncontainable"
"How do you know you gave contained God wholly and purely?"
"I didn't say God is infinite, your bible did"
"All religion is based on faith, we can never know the answer"
and the list goes on and on.
However, what I wanted to start this thread for is basically start up this thread and hear some other ideas before I unload what I've been dealing with. I have a sister in law who was a christian and rejected the christian God for this "many paths to the devine" belief, and there's quite a few more details I'll get into later about her.

But the gist of what this thread is about is that talking to these types of people while they do believe in a higher power or creator, they seem like they could be lost forever because they wont respond to the general revelation because they think they got it right and no one can shake them off because their defense is "faith" just like our faith.

I often can help but laugh and feel sad that anyone thinks faith is a impenetrable defense for what you believe. Even the non theist has a faith. While it is true that it takes faith, but why does this mean that its acceptable to stop thinking and be in constant search for the truth? I believe Satan is constantly thinking and devising plans to deceive us, and we have to continue to think and don't fall victim to false teachings. Its an intellectual war field out in the world, and we need to be prepared to combat it.

Anyone have any insights or stories to share? I would love to read about it.

"I didn't say God is infinity, your bible did"
domokunrox
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Christianity under threat from Pan theiesm

Post by domokunrox »

I wanted to bump this back up and post a couple of videos

http://youtu.be/8MBqy8mJqEE
http://youtu.be/wPCgL5NAR3E

If you all have the time. Watch these. They're very good.