Elijah was incarnated in the womb of Elizabeth and call john

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Anonymous

Elijah was incarnated in the womb of Elizabeth and call john

Post by Anonymous »

Elizabeth was not impregnated by her husband but incarnated with Elijah spirit as lord Jesus was incarnated in the womb of mother marywith his spirit.

John was Elijah not two different beings that would be like saying lord Jesus was two different beings.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

WHAT! Many people have the Elijah Spirit. John came with that spirit! The Calling of Repentance!!! He was not Elijah incarnate! The Lord Jesus was the Messiah born of a Virgin. There is no Scripture proof at all that John was Incarnated as Elijah!!
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

John is Elijah or Jesus is a Liar! (???)

Post by kateliz »

Oh! Tim, Tim, Tim! Do you have a Bible? Yes? Do you read it? Yes? Haven't you read about this in there? No? Let me remedy the problem then:Matthew 11:14, Matthew 17:11-13, Luke 1:15 But then there's the confusion of John declaring He is not Elijiah:John 1:21-23

Could it be, since Jesus said he was Elijah, that John didn't even know? A kind of ignorant reincarnation? And apparently Elijah is going to come again to earth! And wait a second, did the transfiguration with Moses and Elijah occur after John's death, or before? That could solve the problem! If not, then I hold to Jesus' claim more than John's, and to that he was filled with the Holy Spirit while in the womb.
bizzt

Re: John is Elijah or Jesus is a Liar! (???)

Post by bizzt »

kateliz wrote:Oh! Tim, Tim, Tim! Do you have a Bible? Yes? Do you read it? Yes? Haven't you read about this in there? No? Let me remedy the problem then:Matthew 11:14, Matthew 17:11-13, Luke 1:15 But then there's the confusion of John declaring He is not Elijiah:John 1:21-23

Could it be, since Jesus said he was Elijah, that John didn't even know? A kind of ignorant reincarnation? And apparently Elijah is going to come again to earth! And wait a second, did the transfiguration with Moses and Elijah occur after John's death, or before? That could solve the problem! If not, then I hold to Jesus' claim more than John's, and to that he was filled with the Holy Spirit while in the womb.
WOAH WOAH here my Dear Kate!! What you are trying to tell me is John is Elijiah :? Could it also be that Jesus knew the spirit of Elijiah. Do you not think that Even JOHN would know he was Elijiah?

Do you Believe in Reincarnation? And no Long posts! :wink: :lol:

Tim
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Who's Crazier? The Main Question

Post by kateliz »

If it had been longer would that have helped? Maybe I should set myself a limit of 500 words or something. What was I thinking, making it so short? Don't I know that many words goes hand-in-hand with understanding? Short posts just scream for confusion! But is it truly the... I should stop here. There, an extra fifty-six (or so) words to help with this understanding thing! Hope it does the trick!

I believe in reincarnation if the Bible teaches it! :o :D What cases other than this one would there be? None, unless God gives Moses and the still-to-come Elijah bodies when they make their appearances later. But even then they wouldn't live full lives in them, would they?

Tell me this Joy-Buzzer, why would Je... well, I concede! Despite appearances, He could have simply meant the "Elijah spirit", though I still don't think that makes as much sense considering how He said it.

Are you offended at the thought of Elijah being reincarnated into John? It seems so. Tell me if I'm wrong.

And as for John not knowing, he questioned Jesus being the Christ for a bit, why not also share some ignorance with who he was himself? You'd think that if God did reincarnate a spirit he wouldn't leave the person in complete ignorance like that, but who's to say God didn't want him to know for some reason?

Hmmm, it seems the farther I take the logic the crazier it sounds! Maybe you're right, Joy-Buzzer. :( Maybe I'm (finally 8) ,) wrong!

But it still seems more right to me that John was Elijah. And how can you accept him being filled with the Holy Spirit while in the womb, what with our inherited sinful natures and having to receive salvation for that same Spirit, unless he already went through all of that in another life? Those are even bigger theological issues than one reincarnation! Maybe I still hold a spotless "right" record, and you're the one with the crazier logic! :P I like that thought much better. :wink:
voicingmaster
Established Member

Post by voicingmaster »

Doesn't it say later in the Bible that God makes a promise to Elijah that he will never see death?
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Actually, that sounds familiar! Yeah, that would be pretty important to find out! Somebody out there want to do the leg-work?
bizzt

Re: Who's Crazier? The Main Question

Post by bizzt »

kateliz wrote:If it had been longer would that have helped? Maybe I should set myself a limit of 500 words or something. What was I thinking, making it so short? Don't I know that many words goes hand-in-hand with understanding? Short posts just scream for confusion! But is it truly the... I should stop here. There, an extra fifty-six (or so) words to help with this understanding thing! Hope it does the trick!
Ok Off Topic :wink:
kateliz wrote: I believe in reincarnation if the Bible teaches it! :o :D What cases other than this one would there be? None, unless God gives Moses and the still-to-come Elijah bodies when they make their appearances later. But even then they wouldn't live full lives in them, would they?
However they are not meant to live Full lives are they :wink: Considering they are killed 3 1/2 years later and then Raise again in 3 days (Kind of reminds me of the movie Mortal Combat "Get over here" or as Revelations 4 puts it COME UP HITHER!!!)
kateliz wrote: Tell me this Joy-Buzzer, why would Je... well, I concede! Despite appearances, He could have simply meant the "Elijah spirit", though I still don't think that makes as much sense considering how He said it.
Then again it does not make much sense that John was Elijiah either. Considering there is no other Biblical References to John being Elijiah!
kateliz wrote: Are you offended at the thought of Elijah being reincarnated into John? It seems so. Tell me if I'm wrong.
Not Offended... I just don't see how that Can be Biblically Sound! :wink:
kateliz wrote: And as for John not knowing, he questioned Jesus being the Christ for a bit, why not also share some ignorance with who he was himself? You'd think that if God did reincarnate a spirit he wouldn't leave the person in complete ignorance like that, but who's to say God didn't want him to know for some reason?
:lol: God does not reincarnate Spirits! The Spirit was already Alive :wink: Maybe it would be worthwhile doing a Study on the Attributes of John and of Elijiah. On top of that John brought the Same Revolution shall we say that John Brought to the people of Israel! Repentance maybe that is what Jesus was talking about. I don't think it was Re-incarnation because that would mean John would have the same Soul, and Spirit but not the same Body.
kateliz wrote: Hmmm, it seems the farther I take the logic the crazier it sounds! Maybe you're right, Joy-Buzzer. :( Maybe I'm (finally 8) ,) wrong!
LOL at least you can admit that to yourself :lol: :wink:
kateliz wrote: But it still seems more right to me that John was Elijah. And how can you accept him being filled with the Holy Spirit while in the womb, what with our inherited sinful natures and having to receive salvation for that same Spirit, unless he already went through all of that in another life? Those are even bigger theological issues than one reincarnation! Maybe I still hold a spotless "right" record, and you're the one with the crazier logic! :P I like that thought much better. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: when will you learn not to trust your own logic :P :wink:
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

kateliz wrote:Actually, that sounds familiar! Yeah, that would be pretty important to find out! Somebody out there want to do the leg-work?
Slacker :wink: :lol:

Here is what I found

2Ki 2:1 And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.

2Ki 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, [there appeared] a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

I was thinking again. Not GOOD!!! Anyways If John was the Re-incarnation of Elijah and he died then how will Elijah come again??
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

bizzt wrote:Anyways If John was the Re-incarnation of Elijah and he died then how will Elijah come again??
If he reincarnated once then he can reincarnate again.
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Life is not circular! You die, go to heaven or hell, the end. John was John, not Elijah.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Mastermind wrote:
bizzt wrote:Anyways If John was the Re-incarnation of Elijah and he died then how will Elijah come again??
If he reincarnated once then he can reincarnate again.
Yet he never died the First time! He was brought up to heaven on a Chariot. If he came back again in John then he would probably go up again in a Chariot to come back in End times. However this did not take place John was Beheaded! MM do you believe in Re-incarnation? What are the Scriptures you would use to support it IF YOU DO?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

The only time I recall a dead guy coming back to earth was when someone had a witch summon him, and he was quite ticked off. Don't know the verses, I was told about this.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

This one?
2Ki 13:21 And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band [of men]; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.

Not about a Witch though :?