What's the nicest thing about where you live?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

What's the nicest thing about where you live?

Post by DannyM »

I was on a bus today that took me all around where I live. Lovely day. I’m in the countryside, with sheep and cows and horses one minute, the next minute I’m going along a road right next to the Atlantic sea. I mean, if I still had old London in my life I’d have had the hat-trick.

But the point. I just thought, Wow. You know? What makes you think, Now this scenery, this setting (e.g., the weather), this is beautiful?

And the breeze coming through the open windows on the bus…man, do me a favour, this was beautiful. Now I know many of you guys live in some lovely parts of the States, so can you top this? And remember, it was a nice day in England!
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: What's the nicest thing about where you live?

Post by B. W. »

Along the Front Range in Colorado, USA

The Rocky Mountains and the weather despite the snowstorms: snowed last night about 7 inches, now sun is out and a balmy 40 degrees snow melting off the streets… Winters can be snowy but overall the weather is mild and sunny in the winter and sunny hot and mild summertime.

The Mountains in summer time are awesome and the Parries too are the nicest things where I live. The base elevation for where I live is about 4,900 feet above sea level and the highest nearby Mountain peak is a 14,000 footer, Longs Peak… Having a National Park nearby to hike in during the spring and early fall makes it the best as well as the state parks.
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

DannyM wrote:And remember, it was a nice day in England!
I'll raise you a nice day in Scotland, I've heard they have scenery in England but I somehow always miss it :mrgreen:

I love being 20 mins from the city centre, an hour from the coast and an hour to rolling hills in the middle of nowhere. The four seasons in one day style weather is a nice perk too.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

The Great Smokey Mountains in the fall with the leaves changing is hard to beat.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I guess I enjoy being able to go swimming from March-October. And wearing shorts pretty much all year round, with only a few cold weeks. I do miss the mountains of New Hampshire, though. But, I certainly don't miss ice, all the way up to April.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I live in the Hills,
We have a Puffing Billy Train and loads of fauna and flora but what i love most is the close knit community of people, everyone says hi and my neighbours are awesome.
Also our church is mud brick and has a real nice warmth to it :ebiggrin:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
narnia4
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by narnia4 »

In Wisconsin? Maybe the Packers...

I guess nice variety of weather, the country is flat but still pretty, nice woodland and some open space and generally tight-knit communities around where I live. Pretty comfortable around here.
Young, Restless, Reformed
Short1
Recognized Member

Post by Short1 »

Haha I live in Wisconsin too! Where are you at?

I can't really think of a great thing about it when compared to some of the above. I guess I do like my hometown.. I like the range of weather. Something about where I live makes me never want to change it. I like the farmland.
But the mosquitos. O_O
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

My wife and my daughter.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

nothing that is natural. But there is a food lane, with the best restaurants in town, all lined on both sides. Truly the best and some very unique food places for having a birthday bash or a romantic dinner or just hanging out with friends. That's about it. :popcorn:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Proinsias wrote:
DannyM wrote:And remember, it was a nice day in England!
I'll raise you a nice day in Scotland, I've heard they have scenery in England but I somehow always miss it :mrgreen:
You need to get off the M1 then, Pro :)
I love being 20 mins from the city centre, an hour from the coast and an hour to rolling hills in the middle of nowhere. The four seasons in one day style weather is a nice perk too.
:salute: Many of my best nights out have been in Glesge!
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

B. W. wrote:Along the Front Range in Colorado, USA

The Rocky Mountains and the weather despite the snowstorms: snowed last night about 7 inches, now sun is out and a balmy 40 degrees snow melting off the streets… Winters can be snowy but overall the weather is mild and sunny in the winter and sunny hot and mild summertime.

The Mountains in summer time are awesome and the Parries too are the nicest things where I live. The base elevation for where I live is about 4,900 feet above sea level and the highest nearby Mountain peak is a 14,000 footer, Longs Peak… Having a National Park nearby to hike in during the spring and early fall makes it the best as well as the state parks.
Now there's a place I could live!
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

DannyM wrote:
B. W. wrote:Along the Front Range in Colorado, USA

Now there's a place I could live!
And for people in Scotland too because, as Pros said, that have four seasons in one day style weather in Scotland, we can have that too in our Colorado Highlands!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

B. W. wrote:And for people in Scotland too because, as Pros said, that have four seasons in one day style weather in Scotland, we can have that too in our Colorado Highlands!
Scotland? Good scenery in Scotland? :shakehead: :)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

As I was reading the posts here, I recalled a conversation I had with a client in his office a while ago. ''Where are you from?'' I asked. ''Bangladesh!'' came the answer, ''It's the best country on earth!'' he affirmed.

Now...I'm well travelled but I've never been to Bangladesh (who would want to go there?) Bangladesh seems to be the most gawd-awful country on this planet: wall-to-wall slums, garbage & human refuse in the streets, regular catastrophic flooding, amazing poverty...a veritable Loser of a country. Even India - Bangladesh's only neighbour - has put up a barbed wire & electrified fence all along the 4000+ km border the two countries share. Not good.

''So why have you come to live here?'' I asked my client. ''You can't live in my country'' came his answer. ''Beautiful country but you can't live.''

Which brings me to my point: the best place on earth is the one you come from. Even if it stinks.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +