Ouija Boards

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Short1
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes

Ouija Boards

Post by Short1 »

I've been watching a couple videos about them.. some say they are legit but others claim that the 'ideo motor' effect (I think) is what really makes people's hands move.

I'm just interested to know what you guys think about them? Real? Fake? Anything else interesting?
narnia4
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Ouija Boards

Post by narnia4 »

Most are probably fake, but I think that under certain circumstances you definitely can be inviting real trouble into your house if you use them. Because I believe the devil is real and he can use "innocent fun" like that.
Young, Restless, Reformed
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

yes I agree with narnia, most are fake. But in reality playing with fire can sure burn your hands. While to most it is harmless fun, just bcuz they think entities like, ghosts and spirits and demons don't exist, there is a very good chance that something can cause you trouble, if you invite it in to your home or worse, in your life. I have witnessed two people dying under possession. One was a close family friend and I can assure you that when it happens, it is real.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Rob
Valued Member

Post by Rob »

What about when the pointer moves all by itself?
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

Rob wrote:What about when the pointer moves all by itself?
I did it as a kid with two trusted friends, and the blasted thing moved I tell ya!

Leave well alone I say 8)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Short1
Recognized Member

Post by Short1 »

This stupid thing really interests me... after all, if the dark side of the spiritual realm exists, then so does the light.

What I don't get is what is so special about the board. It gets sold in Toys R Us mass produced, but still works? You can print one off and it still works?

Are these things legit? Are the possession/haunting/zozo/crazy stuff stories worth anything? A lot of people seem to have a lot to say about them. Many dabbled and said 'no way' right away and many think its mind tricks.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

you can play em online too, sadly i'm too much of a wimp to ever touch one of those things
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Kenzel
Recognized Member
Sex: Female

Post by Kenzel »

Murray wrote:you can play em online too, sadly i'm too much of a wimp to ever touch one of those things
I used one once..I asked if anyone was there, it moved to yes, I freaked out, cried and threw the ouija board across the room and ripped it up..then I slept with my Bible in-hand that night :lol: So you're not the only one who's a wimp when it comes to ouija boards!
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Just leave well alone - sometimes it is harmless - other times you are inviting in bad spirits - I have heard enough stories about them to never want to touch one.

Silvertusk.