God's chosen people the Jews

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

God's chosen people the Jews

Post by Gman »

There seems to be some confusion on this topic so I'm going to try my best to explain it. After years of extensive studying on this subject I believe many Christians have lost or forgotten God's responsibly to Israel. That is, these promises He made to the Jews thousands of years ago are still in play today. They have NOT been replaced... Therefore when you become a Christian I believe you also marry into God's plots.. And what are God's plots? There are many plots that come from God, but the one that sticks out the most is one that will eventually consume the whole world. And what exactly is that? The restoration of Zion. That's right Israel... It is extremely important that we understand what is going on with Israel.. Why? Because one day Christ (Yeshua) will be ruling from there.. This is not a joke. This is reality. God is VERY concerned with His people the Jews. Why? Because He is currently LOCKED into a promise He made with them thousands of years ago.. He will never ever break these promises He made to them. This is one of the great mysteries the world has ever faced. A HUGE lock and God isn't going to budge on it until all is fulfilled.. This has been beautifully explained by the apostle Paul in Romans 11 and throughout the Bible. In fact I believe that if we miss this message, we are going to be losing out on most of God's show... Hence God's story. Will you be part of that story?

So what are we Christians to do? Well for one thing, we must help the Jews build Zion. Now not everything that has been done by Israel is always crystal clean, but that doesn't mean we just give up on it either. God has commissioned the Jews to build Zion and we, I believe, need to do everything in our power to support them. Let me tell you this.. If Christians start condemning Israel and the things going on there, it's not good... Trust me. We have to be extremely careful how we handle God's people. God is NOT done with them. In return the whole world will be blessed. Jew, Arab, Chinese, white, black, purple and pink.. God loves everyone and it's going to start with His people the Jews. He married them thousands of years ago when Abraham fulfilled the covenant. And one day the Jews will realize the love He has for them through Yeshua.. When this happens the world will become transformed. Until then we wait until the blindness of both the Jews AND Christians are lifted.

So if you ever want a project or thing to do in your life that will have an everlasting fulfillment, help Israel... In various ways, prayer and financial support, etc...

Who cares about football... Who cares about Michael Jackson's death... Go for the gold... Aim higher and be blessed.. y@};-

Never forget the plot...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: God's chosen people the Jews

Post by PaulSacramento »

Are you suggesting that ALL of Israel is God's people? because that doesn't seem very biblical.
Only those that profess faith in God are the chosen ones of God.
That applies to the Jewish people also.
Long before Israel was the Nation of the geoprahical area called Israel, it was Israel.
Israel is NOT a geographical location or even a people from a certain genetic background ( one that we all share anyways), Israel was Israel by virtue of BELIEF and OBEDIENCE to God.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

PaulSacramento wrote:Are you suggesting that ALL of Israel is God's people? because that doesn't seem very biblical.
Only those that profess faith in God are the chosen ones of God.
That applies to the Jewish people also.
Long before Israel was the Nation of the geoprahical area called Israel, it was Israel.
Actually it's both a land and people..
PaulSacramento wrote:Israel is NOT a geographical location or even a people from a certain genetic background ( one that we all share anyways), Israel was Israel by virtue of BELIEF and OBEDIENCE to God.
Oh it's a geographical location.. The passages where the borders are defined are in Genesis 15:18-21, Numbers 34:1-15 and Ezekiel 47:13-20. As for who is a Jew is really up to God. The same goes for Christians too for that matter. But God will reveal. There is a remnant of Jews living in Israel right now as we speak. And who put them there? God.. Therefore we as Christians have to be very very careful what we do with Israel. For we actually could be fighting against God Himself. I'm telling you right now. Careful..

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
alex1
Newbie Member

Post by alex1 »

Gman wrote:There seems to be some confusion on this topic so I'm going to try my best to explain it. After years of extensive studying on this subject I believe many Christians have lost or forgotten God's responsibly to Israel. That is, these promises He made to the Jews thousands of years ago are still in play today. They have NOT been replaced... Therefore when you become a Christian I believe you also marry into God's plots.. And what are God's plots? There are many plots that come from God, but the one that sticks out the most is one that will eventually consume the whole world. And what exactly is that? The restoration of Zion. That's right Israel... It is extremely important that we understand what is going on with Israel.. Why? Because one day Christ (Yeshua) will be ruling from there.. This is not a joke. This is reality. God is VERY concerned with His people the Jews. Why? Because He is currently LOCKED into a promise He made with them thousands of years ago.. He will never ever break these promises He made to them. This is one of the great mysteries the world has ever faced. A HUGE lock and God isn't going to budge on it until all is fulfilled.. This has been beautifully explained by the apostle Paul in Romans 11 and throughout the Bible. In fact I believe that if we miss this message, we are going to be losing out on most of God's show... Hence God's story. Will you be part of that story?

So what are we Christians to do? Well for one thing, we must help the Jews build Zion. Now not everything that has been done by Israel is always crystal clean, but that doesn't mean we just give up on it either. God has commissioned the Jews to build Zion and we, I believe, need to do everything in our power to support them. Let me tell you this.. If Christians start condemning Israel and the things going on there, it's not good... Trust me. We have to be extremely careful how we handle God's people. God is NOT done with them. In return the whole world will be blessed. Jew, Arab, Chinese, white, black, purple and pink.. God loves everyone and it's going to start with His people the Jews. He married them thousands of years ago when Abraham fulfilled the covenant. And one day the Jews will realize the love He has for them through Yeshua.. When this happens the world will become transformed. Until then we wait until the blindness of both the Jews AND Christians are lifted.

So if you ever want a project or thing to do in your life that will have an everlasting fulfillment, help Israel... In various ways, prayer and financial support, etc...

Who cares about football... Who cares about Michael Jackson's death... Go for the gold... Aim higher and be blessed.. y@};-

Never forget the plot...
what do you make of this verse? Romans 2:28-29
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

A person can't condone an act if it goes against the teachings of Christ, simply because of WHO commited the act.
If Israel does what is wrong that it is wrong.
We also need to remember that the government of Israel is NOT Israel.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Good point Paul.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

PaulSacramento wrote:We also need to remember that the government of Israel is NOT Israel.
The Knesset is only the Knesset, the parliament of the State of Israel, a secular institution. Biblically, Israel is a nation; it is also a people from the loins of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob and its adoptees. Lastly, Israel includes - by the grace of God - grafted-in Gentiles who have accepted Jesus as Lord.

The tone of some of the posts in all topics involving Israel (not just this one) leave me wondering if this board isn't invaded by Covenant/Replacement theologists. Are some of you suggesting that the ''new'' Israel is the ''Church''?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote: The Knesset is only the Knesset, the parliament of the State of Israel, a secular institution. Biblically, Israel is a nation; it is also a people from the loins of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob and its adoptees. Lastly, Israel includes - by the grace of God - grafted-in Gentiles who have accepted Jesus as Lord.
FL.. You are on the right path.. Exactly. If anyone wants to challenge this I suggest you take a look at Romans 11:11-24 or Romans 11:25-32 sometime. Whatever you do, don't get on the wrong side of God on this one... Be careful it's a biggy. The Jews have been partly blinded temporarily but one day that will be lifted.. And once that blindness has come off it's game over..
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:The tone of some of the posts in all topics involving Israel (not just this one) leave me wondering if this board isn't invaded by Covenant/Replacement theologists. Are some of you suggesting that the ''new'' Israel is the ''Church''?

FL
I get that same feeling here too.. Replacement theology is basically the works of satan. Very clearly. If anyone denies the Jews as God's covenant people I can't stress enough how bad it will be for those who go against them. You don't want to do this..

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

alex1 wrote:
what do you make of this verse? Romans 2:28-29
What about it? Does circumcision negate the fact then that they are a Jew? Also, have you read Romans 3 through 10 in context to this?

Thank you.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

PaulSacramento wrote:A person can't condone an act if it goes against the teachings of Christ, simply because of WHO commited the act.
Well that is a bunch of malarkey.. The U.N. recognizes it and so does scripture..

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

As for getting the Jews to recognize that Yeshua (Christ) is their messiah.. Unfortunately I don't know how to do this... :( They don't like being preached to I know that much so I try my best to just live by example..

Sometimes I think I'm the wizard of oz guy.. Remember how he got stuck in the balloon but didn't know how to get it down? This is where I'm at, I don't know what to do.. I see God's love for the Jew, he desperately is persuing them, but they won't budge at times.. The last thing we want to do however is make fun of them or hurt them. It's very very bad to hurt our blinded brothers. And don't forget, we can get blinded too Romans 11:18..

All I can say is this.. If they ever find out that Yeshua is their messiah, watch out world, the world will become transformed.. For they have been given the rights to call back Messiah.. :amen:

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Gman,
but not everyone who is born Jew is Jew according to Romans 2:28-29. I mean, God has Israel and he will full fill his prophetic word. But just because someone is born of a Jew, doesn't gets a free pass.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

neo-x wrote:Gman,
but not everyone who is born Jew is Jew according to Romans 2:28-29. I mean, God has Israel and he will full fill his prophetic word. But just because someone is born of a Jew, doesn't gets a free pass.
So? It doesn't negate the fact that some are still Jews.. And not everyone who say's that they are Christian are Christian either...

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Gman wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:A person can't condone an act if it goes against the teachings of Christ, simply because of WHO commited the act.
Well that is a bunch of malarkey.. The U.N. recognizes it and so does scripture..
Malarkey?
And yes, I had to look that up, LOL !
Dude, the government of Israel may represent the interest of SOME of the Israeli people of course, but what the government does is as self-serving as any other government.
We support of Israeli brothers 100%, that is NOT the same as supporting their government if they do something wrong, just as one supports our American brothers ( I am Canadian) even if we disagree with American policy.
God made NO covenant with the government of Israel, He made it with Israel the nation and peoples decendant from Abraham.
As my Jewish Rabbi likes to say: I am Israeli and will be Israeli regardless of what my government says and does in "my name", that doesn't mean I have to support them when they are wrong.

By the way, if the UN didn't recognise Israel, would there be no Israel?
Of course not, Israel, like the aforementioned Rabbi likes to put it, is far more than a place on the Map, it's a Hope and a Dream.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

PaulSacramento wrote:Malarkey?
And yes, I had to look that up, LOL !
Dude, the government of Israel may represent the interest of SOME of the Israeli people of course, but what the government does is as self-serving as any other government.
We support of Israeli brothers 100%, that is NOT the same as supporting their government if they do something wrong, just as one supports our American brothers ( I am Canadian) even if we disagree with American policy.
And what is so wrong with supporting the Israeli government? Do you promote democracy or Sharia Law?
PaulSacramento wrote:God made NO covenant with the government of Israel, He made it with Israel the nation and peoples decendant from Abraham.
As my Jewish Rabbi likes to say: I am Israeli and will be Israeli regardless of what my government says and does in "my name", that doesn't mean I have to support them when they are wrong.
Ok.. So you are saying then that we shouldn't support the Israeli government... Fine. Then what government should we be supporting there in Israel? Also what is God doing with Israel then?
PaulSacramento wrote:By the way, if the UN didn't recognise Israel, would there be no Israel?
Of course not, Israel, like the aforementioned Rabbi likes to put it, is far more than a place on the Map, it's a Hope and a Dream.
It's more than just a hope and a dream.. It's a reality...