God's Army

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Re: God's Army

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Murray wrote:Ok, so now that bring up another question. Why would satan fight if he KNOWS he will loose?

And again, it seems the definition of war in the bible is pretty set in stone, and it was used to describe the events in heaven, so that still leads me to believe their can be deaths in a heavily war.
For the same reason he fell, my friend. Pride. His pride is what caused him to deny the power of God. It's his pride that continues to let himself be deluded into thinking he can hold power over God. It's his pride that thinks he has a chance of winning. And it's his pride that Jesus will utterly annihilate one day. As the faithful, in our darkest hour of temptation, we KNOW that if we call on God to help us, Satan has already lost. That is a great amount of confidence we have.

Pride is also the same reason HUMANS ignore the possibility of God.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Im Fat
Acquainted Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Im Fat »

But yet the author of this main site believes that souls in a sense "die" in hell, so why can't that also be true for heaven
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

Im Fat wrote:But yet the author of this main site believes that souls in a sense "die" in hell, so why can't that also be true for heaven

just because rich says something doesn't make it true
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte