Central world bank to rule over financial institutions

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Central world bank to rule over financial institutions

Post by B. W. »

What do you all think of this???

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/ ... 7020111024
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Central world bank to rule over financial institutions

Post by RickD »

The Vatican called on Monday for the establishment of a “global public authority” and a “central world bank” to rule over financial institutions that have become outdated and often ineffective in dealing fairly with crises.
That says enough there. Who would the vatican suggest to be in charge of that bank? What exactly is a "global public authority", anyways?
B.W.,
I'm shocked to think you may be suggesting that the Vatican has anything to do with a one world government! What ever would lead you to think that the representative of the Roman Catholic Church, would fit into end times prophesy? :stirthepot:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
The Vatican called on Monday for the establishment of a “global public authority” and a “central world bank” to rule over financial institutions that have become outdated and often ineffective in dealing fairly with crises.
That says enough there. Who would the vatican suggest to be in charge of that bank? What exactly is a "global public authority", anyways?
B.W.,
I'm shocked to think you may be suggesting that the Vatican has anything to do with a one world government! What ever would lead you to think that the representative of the Roman Catholic Church, would fit into end times prophesy? :stirthepot:
You probably have to start worrying only if the Vatican declares itself this "global public authority". :esurprised:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:
B.W.,
You probably have to start worrying only if the Vatican declares itself this "global public authority". :esurprised:
Perhaps, Byblos. But doesn't the Catholic Church already consider itself the final authority on interpreting scripture?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:Perhaps, Byblos. But doesn't the Catholic Church already consider itself the final authority on interpreting scripture?
Of course. What does that have to do with the world economy? I would imagine that's a function to be extended to the World Bank or IMF, not a religious institution.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:Perhaps, Byblos. But doesn't the Catholic Church already consider itself the final authority on interpreting scripture?
Of course. What does that have to do with the world economy? I would imagine that's a function to be extended to the World Bank or IMF, not a religious institution.
Byblos, whenever any entity claims it's a final authority on anything, one should beware. Why would the Vatican make a statement calling for a "central world bank" and a “global public authority”? Would they nominate themselves, or some entity they're affiliated with, to be this “global public authority”?

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Byblos, whenever any entity claims it's a final authority on anything, one should beware.
One ought to beware unless the mandate is from Christ, then it's a source of comfort.
RickD wrote:Why would the Vatican make a statement calling for a "central world bank" and a “global public authority”? Would they nominate themselves, or some entity they're affiliated with, to be this “global public authority”?
Have they? I don't think so, nor will they ever. However, the Church is a socially conscious organization; it is not only interested in the spiritual well-being of its followers but also with the financial soundness of their banks (and by extension, the financial well-being of everyone). What they are proposing is a good thing Rick; if we had such an organization perhaps we would not have been in the economic world crisis we're in today. Regardless, I'm still not certain the proposal is official Vatican policy anyway, it may be just the opinion of some Vatican writer. But you know how it is, whenever the Vatican says something about the world (officially or otherwise), conspiracy theorists start drumming the tune of the anti-Christ and end times.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

RickD wrote:

Byblos wrote:

Byblos, whenever any entity claims it's a final authority on anything, one should beware.

One ought to beware unless the mandate is from Christ, then it's a source of comfort.
Byb, you know I don't agree that the final Authority of the Catholic Church is mandated from Christ. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find any non-Catholic Christians that would agree with you on that.
Have they? I don't think so, nor will they ever. However, the Church is a socially conscious organization; it is not only interested in the spiritual well-being of its followers but also with the financial soundness of their banks (and by extension, the financial well-being of everyone)
Byblos, it probably comes as no secret to you, that I believe the Catholic Church is only interested in the spiritual well-being of its believers, in as much as it helps the financial well-being of the Catholic Church.
What they are proposing is a good thing Rick; if we had such an organization perhaps we would not have been in the economic world crisis we're in today.
How can any one entity being in control of the world's finances, be a good thing? Monopolies, a good thing? One group being in total control of all the world's finances, a good thing?
Regardless, I'm still not certain the proposal is official Vatican policy anyway, it may be just the opinion of some Vatican writer.
If it's not official Vatican policy, then ignore my posts, and resume the status quo.
But you know how it is, whenever the Vatican says something about the world (officially or otherwise), conspiracy theorists start drumming the tune of the anti-Christ and end times.
Yes, I see what you mean, Byblos. Next thing you know, wacky conspirators will be saying the Roman Catholic Church, is the "Mother of all harlots" from Revelation 17.

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:Byb, you know I don't agree that the final Authority of the Catholic Church is mandated from Christ. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find any non-Catholic Christians that would agree with you on that.
I do know you don't agree, I'm just not sure on whose authority you base that since that would leave you (non-Catholics) suspended in mid-air without a link past the reformation, particularly when claiming authority from scripture. (I could almost sense us sliding into another one of those major discussions so I will leave it at that).
RickD wrote:Byblos, it probably comes as no secret to you, that I believe the Catholic Church is only interested in the spiritual well-being of its believers, in as much as it helps the financial well-being of the Catholic Church.
Again, no secret at all but that doesn't necessarily make your claim true.
RickD wrote:How can any one entity being in control of the world's finances, be a good thing? Monopolies, a good thing? One group being in total control of all the world's finances, a good thing?
First, what is being proposed is nothing new and it is precisely what the G20 had recommended earlier. But for some odd reason coming from the Vatican it sounds different. Second, if it weren't for governing bodies responsible for setting policies and overseeing violators, we ought to simply toss constitutions in the waste basket and follow the rule of anarchy because that is the only certain outcome of a world without authority.
RickD wrote:If it's not official Vatican policy, then ignore my posts, and resume the status quo.
Don't really know if it is or isn't but it's irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.
RickD wrote:Yes, I see what you mean, Byblos. Next thing you know, wacky conspirators will be saying the Roman Catholic Church, is the "Mother of all harlots" from Revelation 17.
And of course that would leave those wacky conspirators with the seemingly simple task of proving that connection and not merely asserting it.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

RickD wrote:Byb, you know I don't agree that the final Authority of the Catholic Church is mandated from Christ. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find any non-Catholic Christians that would agree with you on that.

I do know you don't agree, I'm just not sure on whose authority you base that since that would leave you (non-Catholics) suspended in mid-air without a link past the reformation, particularly when claiming authority from scripture. (I could almost sense us sliding into another one of those major discussions so I will leave it at that).
Byb, I just believe all true believers have the Holy Spirit of God as the final authority when interpreting scripture. I believe scripture, in the original texts, was inspired by the Holy Spirit, indwelt in the writers. My authority is God, specifically the 3rd person inside of me. And of course, scripture, in proper context, validates scripture.
Byblos, it probably comes as no secret to you, that I believe the Catholic Church is only interested in the spiritual well-being of its believers, in as much as it helps the financial well-being of the Catholic Church.

Again, no secret at all but that doesn't necessarily make your claim true.

Yes, but the actions involving the cover-up of pedophile priests, seem to just touch the surface of what lengths the Catholic church will go to protect their reputation, while hiding the truth.
RickD wrote:How can any one entity being in control of the world's finances, be a good thing? Monopolies, a good thing? One group being in total control of all the world's finances, a good thing?

First, what is being proposed is nothing new and it is precisely what the G20 had recommended earlier. But for some odd reason coming from the Vatican it sounds different. Second, if it weren't for governing bodies responsible for setting policies and overseeing violators, we ought to simply toss constitutions in the waste basket and follow the rule of anarchy because that is the only certain outcome of a world without authority.
If someone posted a link of any entity as wealthy, powerful, and influential, as the Catholic Church, then I'd say the same. I'm just not sure you'd find another entity as wealthy, powerful, and influential as the Catholic church, though. I have no problem with local, state, or even national govts. setting policies. But surely you can see how one entity overseeing all the worlds finances could lead to big trouble, can't you?
If it's not official Vatican policy, then ignore my posts, and resume the status quo.

Don't really know if it is or isn't but it's irrelevant as far as I'm concerned
Irrelevant? Seriously?
RickD wrote:Yes, I see what you mean, Byblos. Next thing you know, wacky conspirators will be saying the Roman Catholic Church, is the "Mother of all harlots" from Revelation 17.

And of course that would leave those wacky conspirators with the seemingly simple task of proving that connection and not merely asserting it.
I'm not sure how one would go about "proving" anything from Revelation, anyway. I guess those conspirators would say something like:" if the pieces of the puzzle fit into a Vatican shaped puzzle..." or "if it looks like a rose, smells like a rose, then it probably is a rose" or " If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit.." Oh, nevermind the last one.
I really don't think one has to be a wacky conspirator, to see the connection between the mother of all harlots in Revelation 17, and the Catholic church.

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:Byb, I just believe all true believers have the Holy Spirit of God as the final authority when interpreting scripture. I believe scripture, in the original texts, was inspired by the Holy Spirit, indwelt in the writers. My authority is God, specifically the 3rd person inside of me. And of course, scripture, in proper context, validates scripture.
I have no doubt you believe that with all sincerity. I'm just not sure how you can reconcile that with the different and most often contradictory interpretations arrived at by countless others who voice the exact same claim as you do. But honestly, we've been down this road and no need to repeat it.
RickD wrote:Yes, but the actions involving the cover-up of pedophile priests, seem to just touch the surface of what lengths the Catholic church will go to protect their reputation, while hiding the truth.
Completely different subject Rick.

RickD wrote:If someone posted a link of any entity as wealthy, powerful, and influential, as the Catholic Church, then I'd say the same. I'm just not sure you'd find another entity as wealthy, powerful, and influential as the Catholic church, though. I have no problem with local, state, or even national govts. setting policies. But surely you can see how one entity overseeing all the worlds finances could lead to big trouble, can't you?
Really? How about the U.N.? Okay, maybe bad example. How about the U.S. who was at the G20 summit? It just seems the Catholic Church is held to an entirely different standard simply because who she claims to be.

And as for one entity overseeing the world finances, I have no problem at all submitting to the authority of the U.S. Supreme Court as an overseer of the constitution so why would I have a problem with that? Do you have any idea the level of influence the U.S. currently has on world banks already? One only need look at new Anti Money Laundering mandates to find out (I am involved in the software production of such policies).
RickD wrote:I'm not sure how one would go about "proving" anything from Revelation, anyway. I guess those conspirators would say something like:" if the pieces of the puzzle fit into a Vatican shaped puzzle..." or "if it looks like a rose, smells like a rose, then it probably is a rose" or " If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit.." Oh, nevermind the last one.
I really don't think one has to be a wacky conspirator, to see the connection between the mother of all harlots in Revelation 17, and the Catholic church.
In other words mere assertions and private opinions. You do know there are many non-Catholic biblical scholars that would disagree with such an opinion. As for fitting the puzzle, have you even considered Jerusalem? Because it fits the puzzle much more than any other city or entity. But hey, we all have our own prejudices to contend with.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

RickD wrote:Byb, I just believe all true believers have the Holy Spirit of God as the final authority when interpreting scripture. I believe scripture, in the original texts, was inspired by the Holy Spirit, indwelt in the writers. My authority is God, specifically the 3rd person inside of me. And of course, scripture, in proper context, validates scripture.

I have no doubt you believe that with all sincerity. I'm just not sure how you can reconcile that with the different and most often contradictory interpretations arrived at by countless others who voice the exact same claim as you do. But honestly, we've been down this road and no need to repeat it.
Fallible man, Byblos. Anything man has a hand in, isn't perfect. Christians disagree everyday about things, and as long as we're in our temporary bodies, probably will disagree.
RickD wrote:Yes, but the actions involving the cover-up of pedophile priests, seem to just touch the surface of what lengths the Catholic church will go to protect their reputation, while hiding the truth.

Completely different subject Rick.
Yes it is, but I just said it to show a little of how I believe the Catholic Church will protect its interests at any cost. No matter how horrible the cost.
Really? How about the U.N.? Okay, maybe bad example. How about the U.S. who was at the G20 summit? It just seems the Catholic Church is held to an entirely different standard simply because who she claims to be.

And as for one entity overseeing the world finances, I have no problem at all submitting to the authority of the U.S. Supreme Court as an overseer of the constitution so why would I have a problem with that? Do you have any idea the level of influence the U.S. currently has on world banks already? One only need look at new Anti Money Laundering mandates to find out (I am involved in the software production of such policies).
I think the U.N. is a great example. Thanks for helping my argument.
In other words mere assertions and private opinions. You do know there are many non-Catholic biblical scholars that would disagree with such an opinion. As for fitting the puzzle, have you even considered Jerusalem? Because it fits the puzzle much more than any other city or entity. But hey, we all have our own prejudices to contend with.
I happen to believe Rome fits better, but I'm open to be shown I'm wrong. I'm not dogmatic about it. Are you open to the possibility that Rome fits the description in Revelation 17?

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:Fallible man, Byblos. Anything man has a hand in, isn't perfect. Christians disagree everyday about things, and as long as we're in our temporary bodies, probably will disagree.
Truer words have seldom been spoken.
RickD wrote:I think the U.N. is a great example. Thanks for helping my argument.
Lol, I already conceded it was a bad example.
RickD wrote:I happen to believe Rome fits better, but I'm open to be shown I'm wrong. I'm not dogmatic about it. Are you open to the possibility that Rome fits the description in Revelation 17?
I've read a ton on the subject and was convinced it wasn't Rome. I'm open to it being anything else, though. ;)

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

RickD wrote:I happen to believe Rome fits better, but I'm open to be shown I'm wrong. I'm not dogmatic about it. Are you open to the possibility that Rome fits the description in Revelation 17?

I've read a ton on the subject and was convinced it wasn't Rome. I'm open to it being anything else, though. ;)
I've read a half ton on the subject, a while back. While I believe it's Rome, I'm certainly open to the possibility that it's not. I understand it's not really a big deal to me one way or the other. I can certainly understand how you'd be skeptical that it's the Roman Catholic Church. I guess if I held to a religious system that may be the great harlot of Revelation, I wouldn't want to see it either. :poke:
Lemme guess. The ton you read on the subject was from Roman Catholic sources? Am I going too far out on a limb, assuming that? :lol:

-Edward R Murrow

Kuglof
Newbie Member

Post by Kuglof »

What will happen to little banks then?

And why wouldn't law watch over financial institutions? Not they are much needed now.

It is hypocrisy that makes me laugh -TPTB created system, created rules, created crysis, they are now creating solution. Yea right.

You believe what You want but I've seen both works of God and Satan in my life. God keeps me safe while Satan is playing with me...

Revelation 17 and RCC possible why not? Face it most of the world is corrupted and vast majority of people are deluded.

**Edited to remove anti-Semitic statements. We don't allow that here.