How does God speak to us?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Short1
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes

How does God speak to us?

Post by Short1 »

I'm so blessed to have the knowledge God has given me lately. I'm so thankful that God has given me my experiences and my 'picture' of what life is so that I can know Him.
Right now I'm learning lots more about my faith, examining Catholic vs. Protestant views, actually reading my Bible and loving it! and really just looking for what God really wants from me.

But I'm not sure how God will speak to me. This is probably really dumb, but sometimes I ask God questions and say the answers and see how I feel. I never really take it seriously, and I wonder if that falls under testing God... but honestly I feel different things. I don't know if it's just in my head or if it's really God trying to guide me with what brings me peace.

My most recent question:
"Am I supposed to be a band director?"

"Am I supposed to devote to music ministry?"

I want to know what God wants from me. Both fall into the same area somewhat... but I wonder if God is trying to get something across when I feel two different things. I know right now as I ask this, I feel really full. Just full. Like I'm doing the right thing.

What are ways that you are reached by God and do you guys have any suggestions about developing a relationship with Him where we can communicate. I want to serve God and live this amazing word. I want to devote myself to something bigger than me.

God Bless Guys!
cyanzachary
Newbie Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: How does God speak to us?

Post by cyanzachary »

Definitely He is; the presence of God never leaves in any point of our life. I believe that when times we felt so alone God is just watching us confidently that we’ll get through it. When we commit a mistake we probably learn from it, one of the simplest ways that communicate with us. During the times of trial, He was testing out faith in Him how tough and strong we are. Another way He communicated with us is thru other people. He’ll send someone that may teach or let us see the purpose God was made. Simple things that we often ignore are mostly the one that He uses.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Short1 wrote:What are ways that you are reached by God and do you guys have any suggestions about developing a relationship with Him where we can communicate.
God communicates through His Word - the Bible - and you talk to God through prayer. Stay focused on these two activities. Anything else is to be regarded with suspicion.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

There is HOW God communicates to us and HOW WE "hear" and understand God.
God communicates as He always has, through His SON, the WORD of God.
We hear and understand Christ through the HS.
But what DO WE hear?
The little voice that was ALWAYS there, that voice that we always Had with us, to comfort Us, to remind Us we were never alone, that voice that told us NOT to do that bad thing ( that we did anyone because we ignored it), that voice that ALWAYS told us to do good and NEVER told us to do bad, that voice ( what some may call our "concience"), is that gift give to us by God when He breathed His spirit into all of us at birth.
What we do with that voice, whether we listen and are One with God, or we ignore and cut ourselves from Him, that is up to us.
That is the personal way in which God communicates with Us.
But God also reveals Himself to us in other ways, the universe we live in, the love we feel from others and feel for others, in the bible that serves as our guide to find our way ( but is never our way, that way is Christ) and in the fellowship we have with each other.