Mary's children

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

Poetic Soul, I think you're contradicting yourself with the last half of your statement! A relationship like we have with God is where the highest intimacy is found, not in physical closeness.

But if Mastermind's right and there's no proof either way, then tell me good reasons, (and one's I or another have not already defeated,) why we should go against common sense and believe they decided to have a chaste marriage. Unless of course it's only those in agreement with me that want to continue this discussion, as it appears from the recent posts!
Veronica
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by Veronica »

Oh I love this discussion! I've just decided to wait until I finish my article to post. but I'm still reading the whole thing!
Poetic_Soul
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Poetic_Soul »

kateliz wrote:Poetic Soul, I think you're contradicting yourself with the last half of your statement! A relationship like we have with God is where the highest intimacy is found, not in physical closeness.

But if Mastermind's right and there's no proof either way, then tell me good reasons, (and one's I or another have not already defeated,) why we should go against common sense and believe they decided to have a chaste marriage. Unless of course it's only those in agreement with me that want to continue this discussion, as it appears from the recent posts!
I am refering to an intimacy that is spiritual but on the same token, it is a feeling from within. That's all intimacy is; is a feeling and emotions regardless of it being physical or spiritual. I also believe sex within a marriage is a little bit of both. I hope this makes more sense kateliz