Jesus/Father

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
JBirdAngel
Recognized Member

Jesus/Father

Post by JBirdAngel »

im not sure if this belongs here, but didnt know where to put it, and so im confused, and of course i dont think anyone can explain how the relationship between Jesus and God really works... but like can you give some thoughts on it how Jesus is the son of God and Jesus is God right? How does that work, and why does Jesus, such as when he was a child, say such thigns as why were you looking for me didnt you know id be in my father's house? Jesus refers to God as his father, and also to himself as God right? I believe that Jesus never lies, i do believe that we dont always understand what he means though, so how does this work exactly... and why then was he born from a woman, to prove his humanity? but if he is God how is he man... and in what way is God his father? if he is God then, reminds me of the stupids or soemthing where i think there is a song called i am my own grandpa, but isnt Jesus then his own father? how does that work... i dont get it, is God Jesus' father in that God created the manpart of Jesus, eh... i dont get it, so any assistance in trying to better understand this would be great...

also then, is the Holy Spirit supposed to be one with God? the trinity would be God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit right? who are 3 in 1 right? how does that work, and where in the Bible does it say that the Holy Spirit is God? ive mostly seen the Holy Spirit referred to as a comforter sent by God and stuff.... so hopefully you can help with this, thank you
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Jesus's position as "Son" isn't a position of him being a literal son, it's more symbolic. I suggest you read through this for more detailed information:

http://www.tektonics.org/jesusclaims/je ... mshub.html
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

With regards to understanding the Trinity, and how each can be God, I've written a piece at http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =9990#9990. I also have a further position that maintains one underlining consciousness within which three consciousnesses eternally exist, each one being able to assume a conscious state separately from the whole (e.g., such as Christ's incarnation into human nature), although each are still able to interpenetrate each other to work under the one. I haven't had the time to think this idea fully through to ensure it is consistent, however I believe that link I provide to the thread I opened lays a great foundation.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Jesus/Father

Post by Kurieuo »

JBirdAngel wrote:where in the Bible does it say that the Holy Spirit is God? ive mostly seen the Holy Spirit referred to as a comforter sent by God and stuff.... so hopefully you can help with this, thank you
You may also want to take a look over the following page: http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/spiritgod.html

Kurieuo.