Planet that can hold life found and confirmed

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Planet that can hold life found and confirmed

Post by Canuckster1127 »

If people looked at knee jerk reports like this with the skeptism they do the Bible, they'd have these scientists run out of town on a rail.
Galileo ... "Tell me about it ..."

(sorry ... couldn't resist ....)
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
If people looked at knee jerk reports like this with the skeptism they do the Bible, they'd have these scientists run out of town on a rail.
Galileo ... "Tell me about it ..."

(sorry ... couldn't resist ....)

:pound:
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

StMonicaGuideMe wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:Well they will need to provide some proof, i have never seen that verse.

Wouldn't it be funny if we met an alien race more advanced than our own and they ask us why we dont recognise the creator like they do.
HAHAHA! That would be hilarious. And maybe they didn't fall and Jesus didn't have to die for them like he did for us? Can you just imagine. We'd have egg on our faces! :oops:

C.S. Lewis made a trilogy about this concept. Perelandra is the world where the fall hasn't happened yet.

The silent planet is an interesting concept. The premise is that the worlds that God has made are guarded by angels and the planets are loud with praise except for the silent planet, guarded not by God's angel but by Satan. Interesting books
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

zoegirl wrote:
StMonicaGuideMe wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:Well they will need to provide some proof, i have never seen that verse.

Wouldn't it be funny if we met an alien race more advanced than our own and they ask us why we dont recognise the creator like they do.
HAHAHA! That would be hilarious. And maybe they didn't fall and Jesus didn't have to die for them like he did for us? Can you just imagine. We'd have egg on our faces! :oops:

C.S. Lewis made a trilogy about this concept. Perelandra is the world where the fall hasn't happened yet.

The silent planet is an interesting concept. The premise is that the worlds that God has made are guarded by angels and the planets are loud with praise except for the silent planet, guarded not by God's angel but by Satan. Interesting books
They are by far my most favourite sci-fi trilogy, i have read them at least half a dozen times and i think i could read them again without being bored.

Daniel
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
narnia4
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by narnia4 »

In a lot of ways I think his sci-fi trilogy is "better" than his Narnia series. He had a lot of fiction that goes almost ignored compared to Narnia. 'Til We Have Faces, also excellent and I believe what he considered to be his best work.

But the first two books in particular, simply excellent with some very intriguing ideas.
Young, Restless, Reformed
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

zoegirl wrote:
StMonicaGuideMe wrote:

How have I not read these yet...speaking of egg on faces... :oops: :oops: :oops: I would love to be on the non silent world, if it existed!
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

YOu really should, they are fascinating books.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

My brother just talked about these books today in bible study... Ah sometimes I think this is how God speaks to people. It has happened to my mother so many times: she reads and studies a verse and BOOM, the verse is expanded upon in some radio talk, bible study, or sermon within a few days.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

wrain62 wrote:My brother just talked about these books today in bible study... Ah sometimes I think this is how God speaks to people. It has happened to my mother so many times: she reads and studies a verse and BOOM, the verse is expanded upon in some radio talk, bible study, or sermon within a few days.

Absolutely. Sometimes it will happen just when I'm reading something spiritual, and not necessarily related to whatever issue I might be having .It's like someone actually whispers it into your ear. You can't even recall how the idea started -- maybe because it's not originally from us :)
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

StMonicaGuideMe wrote:
wrain62 wrote:My brother just talked about these books today in bible study... Ah sometimes I think this is how God speaks to people. It has happened to my mother so many times: she reads and studies a verse and BOOM, the verse is expanded upon in some radio talk, bible study, or sermon within a few days.

Absolutely. Sometimes it will happen just when I'm reading something spiritual, and not necessarily related to whatever issue I might be having .It's like someone actually whispers it into your ear. You can't even recall how the idea started -- maybe because it's not originally from us :)

Not exactly what I was talking about. Mine is more of an external phenonmenon but I see where you are coming from. Externally sourced ideas in our head, I think that may also be one but I am always afraid that it is just me.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

When we visit this planet I'll believe them
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
DRDS