Did Jesus come in the Flesh?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Tiffany Dawn
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Did Jesus come in the Flesh?

Post by Tiffany Dawn »

So-Did Jesus come in the Flesh?
Let my conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that I may know how to answer everyone. Colossians 4:6
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Did Jesus come in the Flesh?

Post by PaulSacramento »

Do you mean if he was resurrected in the flesh?
Yes, he says so himself:
See I am flesh and bone.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Tiffany Dawn wrote:So-Did Jesus come in the Flesh?
Yes, of course God came in the flesh. Emmanuel, means "God with us".
Read the book of John. Jesus is fully God, and, fully human.
Tiffany, Ken Ham is not the ultimate authority on scripture. Use the brain that God gave you, and think about things. Taking the word of any man, without testing what he says, is not biblical. If you have questions, ask them. Then see if the answers you get here, are true.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Yes He did... And He came to die for His bride.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

Yes
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Um ... Yeah.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

RickD wrote:
Tiffany, Ken Ham is not the ultimate authority on scripture. Use the brain that God gave you, and think about things. Taking the word of any man, without testing what he says, is not biblical. If you have questions, ask them. Then see if the answers you get here, are true.
Rick,

What did I miss? I'm not linking the question in the OP, to Ken Ham? Is this something carrying over from another thread.

We really need our posters to frame their questions better, if there are other issues at play.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jlay wrote:
RickD wrote:
Rick,

What did I miss? I'm not linking the question in the OP, to Ken Ham? Is this something carrying over from another thread.

We really need our posters to frame their questions better, if there are other issues at play.
Yes jlay. Take a look at Tiffany's posts from this thread, and you'll see she is testing us in light of 1John 4:2
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 9&start=45
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

Philippians 2:7-8 NIV seems to pretty clearly state Jesus came in the flesh
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Yes without a doubt in my mind, fully God and fully human.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

So does this now mean we are not of the antichrist in Tiffany's eye's?

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:So does this now mean we are not of the antichrist in Tiffany's eye's?

Dan
I'm sure she'll check with Answers in Genesis, then she'll get back to us. :shakehead:

-Edward R Murrow

jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

I guess I'm not following Rick. I read the thread. Are you seeing the question as loaded for some other purpose?

I think any thread like this should require the OP to state the what and why.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jlay wrote:I guess I'm not following Rick. I read the thread. Are you seeing the question as loaded for some other purpose?

I think any thread like this should require the OP to state the what and why.
I believe Tiffany is testing some of us, to see if we believe that Jesus is God in the flesh.
1 John 4:1-3. 1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

From her posts in the global flood thread, she is stating that anyone who doesn't read scripture as concretely, as she does, isn't reading scripture properly.

I wouldn't say it's a loaded question. I think Tiffany is actually doing what she should be doing, when she sees something that she believes is not scriptural. The question is now, will she see that since we believe that Jesus is God in the flesh, will she accept that we old earthers, aren't Antichrists?

-Edward R Murrow

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Of course Jesus came in the flesh and destroyed all the works of the devil ...

He will come again as the book of Revelation says too...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys