Christmas related question about frankincense and myrrh

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Christmas related question about frankincense and myrrh

Post by DRDS »

Mostly the question is, has anyone here ever seen or handeled frankincense and myrrh and if so what does it SMELL like? If you can't describe the smell then what other easier accessible thing smells the closest to them? I've heard from many preachers on television around this time talk about frankincense and myrrh and just mention how wonderful the two smell and I've always wondered they smell like and if anything I have around the house smells similar. But anyways, let me know if you know anything. Thanks, God bless and Merry Christmas.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Christmas related question about frankincense and myrrh

Post by Gman »

DRDS wrote:Mostly the question is, has anyone here ever seen or handeled frankincense and myrrh and if so what does it SMELL like? If you can't describe the smell then what other easier accessible thing smells the closest to them? I've heard from many preachers on television around this time talk about frankincense and myrrh and just mention how wonderful the two smell and I've always wondered they smell like and if anything I have around the house smells similar. But anyways, let me know if you know anything. Thanks, God bless and Merry Christmas.
Yes.. In fact I picked up frankincense and myrrh when I was at the Sea of Galilee in Israel. I have it with me now.. What does it smell like? Very perfumey. It smells like a bunch of Roses... y@};-

You can buy this online if you like too..

http://www.jesusboat.com/

Shalom
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Gman wrote:
DRDS wrote:Mostly the question is, has anyone here ever seen or handeled frankincense and myrrh and if so what does it SMELL like? If you can't describe the smell then what other easier accessible thing smells the closest to them? I've heard from many preachers on television around this time talk about frankincense and myrrh and just mention how wonderful the two smell and I've always wondered they smell like and if anything I have around the house smells similar. But anyways, let me know if you know anything. Thanks, God bless and Merry Christmas.
Yes.. In fact I picked up frankincense and myrrh when I was at the Sea of Galilee in Israel. I have it with me now.. What does it smell like? Very perfumey. It smells like a bunch of Roses... y@};-

You can buy this online if you like too..

http://www.jesusboat.com/

Shalom
Yes - it smells very nice. You can also purchace a mix of this in an oil base too
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

But it's more personal when you buy it in Israel!!! :P
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Gman wrote:But it's more personal when you buy it in Israel!!! :P
Christmas is a coming and I need a present... :mrgreen: 8-}2
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)