Darwin IV - Intelligent Life On Another Planet, No God?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Darwin IV - Intelligent Life On Another Planet, No God?

Post by Believer »

Check this out http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/al ... lanet.html. I watched the show and think it is B.S. but you never know, does this rule God out making him nothing but a figment of our imagination? Does this PROVE evolution is real and we happened by coincidence?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Cool and imaginative animations :lol:. But in answer to your questions, yeah on both occasions. :roll:

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

Kurieuo wrote:Cool and imaginative animations :lol:. But in answer to your questions, yeah on both occasions. :roll:

Kurieuo.
Did the sarcasim radar just go off? I think so :evil: . I am just a curious person, I have the right to know true answers instead of BS answers or jokes.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Well I firstly fail to see the relevance and connection between your questions and the link you provided. Perhaps you could spend some time developing in your post what the exact issue is that you find challenging and desire a response to? Secondly, I really tire of people who persistently ask questions, especially in the defeated way you seem to ask them all the time, without seeking out answers. Now it may be not nice of me to use sarcasm, but I can't help that this is something that seems to annoy me, and hence the sarcasm of my last post. So I'll continue by saying that this poses a real problem, although I must admint I don't really know what the problem is...

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
voicingmaster
Established Member

Post by voicingmaster »

Well, for a non-sarcastic post, I don't see how life on another planet lessens God at all. God created life on this planet, why can't He do it again? I mean, He does have an infinite amount of power. Also, He created over a billion planets within the entire universe, why make so much and put life on only one? What purpose would they serve if there is no life out there?

Actually, to me, it would seem that no alien life would suggest no creator. B/c with a creator, there would a logical purpose for the things that exist. But with no alien life, it would look like the universe came by chance by there being a bunch of useless rocks and fireballs floating around in space. Why would a creator create a bunch of rocks and then not use it?

And, about the special, I just saw it. I thought it was dumb. This was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. That wasn't scientific or realistic at all, that was science fiction, and bad science fiction at that. From jet propelled birds to seven story, two footed giants with a ball of energy stuck in thier head to mushrooms that use electricity to kill for some stupid unexplained reason, the entire show was just dumb. There was little to no scientific hypothesising, just people sitting aorund coming up with the most riduculous animals I've ever seen, then making a lame comment on how it pertains to reality when it doesn't. I would've thought discovery channel would be better than that.
CountryBoy
Established Member

Post by CountryBoy »

Huh...I kinda thought Brian's original post was sarcasm about the dumb show :oops:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

lol, i fail to see the meaning of this entire topic :?