Santa Claus and Skeleton nailed to a cross?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Tiffany Dawn
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Santa Claus and Skeleton nailed to a cross?

Post by Tiffany Dawn »

I have a question-

Is every Christian as offended as I am over this atrocity?
I feel as though this is Blasphamous Behavior and a desecration to the Cross-
What do you think?

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/12/08/tis ... s-display/
Let my conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that I may know how to answer everyone. Colossians 4:6
Canuckster1127
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Santa Claus and Skeleton nailed to a cross?

Post by Canuckster1127 »

This is about 10th miles from my house. Making bigger national news than it is local.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

If this guys message really was about being anti-materialistic, then set a ton of brand name shopping bags on fire and record that -.-
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
wrain62
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by wrain62 »

StMonicaGuideMe wrote:If this guys message really was about being anti-materialistic, then set a ton of brand name shopping bags on fire and record that -.-
I can see how this is offensive. Why the cross? But I will just turn my cheek and think to myself that the message was to contrast materialism (the dead santa clause) with purpose (the cross) in the holiday seasons. This message also shows that atheists are getting preachy. And we are the ones accused of shoving our morality down peoples throats... :pound:
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

wrain62 wrote:
StMonicaGuideMe wrote:If this guys message really was about being anti-materialistic, then set a ton of brand name shopping bags on fire and record that -.-
I can see how this is offensive. Why the cross? But I will just turn my cheek and think to myself that the message was to contrast materialism (the dead santa clause) with purpose (the cross) in the holiday seasons. This message also shows that atheists are getting preachy. And we are the ones accused of shoving our morality down peoples throats... :pound:
Lol, so true.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

wow.... it reminds me of that whole deal with the- crucifix in urine- "art" thing.

Just so strange and un-needed
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte