Prayer request for my mom

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Prayer request for my mom

Post by Byblos »

My mother is 85 and has been suffering from Alzheimer's for several years, now in a very advanced stage. Today she was rushed to the hospital, awake but unable to speak or eat. Doctors suspect a mini-stroke, pending full eval. If I could ask of you to keep her in your prayers it would be much appreciated.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
August
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Prayer request for my mom

Post by August »

Prayers up, brother. Know that whatever happens, God is the Great Comforter and Healer.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Oh John I'm so sorry. Praying for you and for your dear mother. Stay strong, brother y>:D<
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Don't take this the wrong way but I pray the Lord take her spirit and stop her suffering and to give you and your family comfort and strength.
I have seen a couple of people destroyed by this horrific disease and their families too.
One lady has been "dead" for close to 10 years now and her family can't let her go...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Praying for your Mom, and your family, John. My closest grandmother had Alzheimer's. I know how rough it is.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Will be thinking of you and your family.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Yes,

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. (Eph. 3:14-21)
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Thank you all so much for your prayers.

Mom is doing better today, spoke a few words but still not out of the woods yet, although they are now ruling out a stroke (thank you Lord).

I know what you're saying Paul, believe me it's not something I haven't thought of myself a thousand times. It was extremely tough this past summer seeing her not recognize her own son. Like August said though, it is God's will, not ours. Long ago this frail 85 year old woman had committed her life to family second, and God first; in His hands we leave her fate.

That was beautiful J, thank you.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

No words, John. Praying for you and your Mom.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
August
Old School

Post by August »

That sounds like cautiously good news under the circumstances, Byblos. Keep us informed. We will continue to pray.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Byblos wrote:Thank you all so much for your prayers.

Mom is doing better today, spoke a few words but still not out of the woods yet, although they are now ruling out a stroke (thank you Lord).

I know what you're saying Paul, believe me it's not something I haven't thought of myself a thousand times. It was extremely tough this past summer seeing her not recognize her own son. Like August said though, it is God's will, not ours. Long ago this frail 85 year old woman had committed her life to family second, and God first; in His hands we leave her fate.

That was beautiful J, thank you.
John, Difficult are the words to express what is going with this situation . My father had Alzheimer’s and went into that state you mom is in now, so I can empathize with what you are going through. He had Alzheimer’s for 13 years. When you see her in heaven, John, she’ll remember you all but for now, this disease run its course. So my prayer for you and your family is for strength to increase during this time and to learn something from a cost of love that only those who have experienced what you all are going through can know.

God bless!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Praying for you y[-o< y[-o< y[-o<
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

On it, brother!
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Late int he game, Byblos, but praying!!

Any news?
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
DannyM
Ultimate Member