Noah's ark found!

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Noah's ark found!

Post by Gman »

It was actually found in China... :doh:

HONG KONG -- This city's three billionaire Kwok brothers have just the answer for the rising waters threatening the global economy: the world's first life-size replica of Noah's ark, built to biblical specifications off the coast of this recession-struck Chinese financial center.

The message in its 450-foot-long hull, its rooftop luxury hotel and 67 pairs of fiberglass animals: "The financial tsunami will be over," says Spencer Lu, the Kwoks' project director at Noah's Ark, which is opening soon.

//www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2011/July/Lif ... ong-Kong-/
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Noah's ark found!

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

:pound: you got me.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Danieltwotwenty wrote::pound: you got me.
Well everything comes from China anyways.. It shouldn't be a shock to you... :P

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

In fact, they are still building the one here in the U.S. near Cincinnati, Ohio.

http://arkencounter.com/

Chinese not only beat us to it, but probably did it a lot cheaper too... ;)

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Gman wrote:In fact, they are still building the one here in the U.S. near Cincinnati, Ohio.

http://arkencounter.com/

Chinese not only beat us to it, but probably did it a lot cheaper too... ;)

That is so cool, Americans definitely think big.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:

That is so cool, Americans definitely think big.
Well don't get too excited.. They still have another 20 mill to go... ;)

sandy_mcd
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by sandy_mcd »

Gman wrote:Well don't get too excited.. They still have another 20 mill to go... ;)
Answers in Genesis has only raised about $4.4 million of the needed $24.5 million for the Ark Encounter theme park

http://www.christianpost.com/news/noahs ... ons-65996/

A controversial Bible-themed amusement park received approval Thursday for up to $43 million in state tax incentives over a 10-year period. The Kentucky Tourism Development Finance Authority, which oversees tax credits for tourism and film-related projects, unanimously approved the tax credit for the Ark Encounter project, which is scheduled to break ground in August outside Williamstown in Grant County.In addition to the tax rebate, the state may spend an estimated $11 million to improve an interchange off I-75 near the 800-acre site in Northern Kentucky.

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/05/20/1745 ... rylink=cpy
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

It's hard to believe .... An organization's leader who continues to isolate himself and alienate a majority of people who own the title of "Christian" and then when he calls for $25 million to build a replica ark, so he can charge admission and continue to build traffic to his museum of Young Earth Creationism in the midst of an economic recession, people just don't get generous .....
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender