180 Movie review/discussion

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: 180 Movie review/discussion

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Gotcha. Thanks. I probably should have known that but I've preoccupied in other areas for a while. ;)
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: 180 Movie review/discussion

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Ok i have just finished watching the movie.

At the start he interviews some people if they knew who Adolf Hitler was, very few people knew of who he was and what he had done demonstrating that some of the younger generation have forgotten the past already or knew very little.

I don't take issue with the use of pictures of the holocaust as people obviously needed reminding of the atrocities that took place and because he was drawing a comparision between abortion and the holocaust the inclusion of the photo's was nessasary.

He made a compelling argument for the case against abortion, i don't believe he appealed to emotion but instead used reason and logic to affirm his position.

I detract my last post as i had not yet watched the movie, the use of all the pictures were totally appropriate and I feel it was not meant to be an appeal to emotion and was just used as a reminder of what actually happened.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.