So maybe Eden really was in Africa.

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

So maybe Eden really was in Africa.

Post by Silvertusk »

DRDS
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: So maybe Eden really was in Africa.

Post by DRDS »

Let me see if this could help. Go to this page on RTB's website

http://www.reasons.org/adam-miracle-myth-or-monkey

From there select "DNA evidence for human origins". That should take you to a audio file in which Hugh Ross, Faz Rana and others discuss this topic near the very end. Hope that helps.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Eden in Africa? perhaps for the worldly/religious hybrids among us but the Bible clearly states in Genesis 3:23-24 that God banished Adam and Eve from The Garden and that the way back is blocked. There are plenty of flights leaving for Africa every day so it is unlikely that Eden was/is there. Also, Africa is a mess - a political-, economic-, military- and increasingly an environmental-mess - and so it hardly fits the description of Eden.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Eden in Africa? perhaps for the worldly/religious hybrids among us but the Bible clearly states in Genesis 3:23-24 that God banished Adam and Eve from The Garden and that the way back is blocked. There are plenty of flights leaving for Africa every day so it is unlikely that Eden was/is there. Also, Africa is a mess - a political-, economic-, military- and increasingly an environmental-mess - and so it hardly fits the description of Eden.

FL
y:-/
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
ROBE
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ROBE »

I believe that Eden was located in what is modern day Iran.
Adam and Eve only had children after they got kicked out.

While I am not a Young Earther I do believe the dates scientists use are unreliable.
mum1983
Familiar Member
Sex: Female

Post by mum1983 »

In Hugh Ross' new book, Hidden Treasures In The Book Of Job he claims The Garden of Eden lies under the Persian Gulf. He believes the water settled there after the flood.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

Scientific and anthropological evidence heavily backs the idea that homo sapiens first came from Africa...so I guess if you want to literally accept that part of Genesis, then it seems reasonable to assume Africa is where God put humans.

Of course, I think almost all of the Book of Genesis, if true, is one big non-literal allegory for the origins of life, so...I doubt my opinion really matters here haha