Worried...

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Tina
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Worried...

Post by Tina »

I believe in freewill but that God intervenes.............with that said.. I am worried. When Jesus and his disciples were eating, I believe it was Peter who said he would never betray Jesus. Jesus already knew he would though and told Peter so..........and Peter betrayed him. So as Christians, how can we say we'll never do something.....because what if it happens?
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Worried...

Post by zoegirl »

That's the amazing grace of Jesus. He died for our sins, we not only will do something, we HAVE done something. We are all sinners. But His grace, (Awesome) covers out sins.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Tina
Established Member

Post by Tina »

zoegirl wrote:That's the amazing grace of Jesus. He died for our sins, we not only will do something, we HAVE done something. We are all sinners. But His grace, (Awesome) covers out sins.
Thanks that's a great answer
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Another way you can combat worry is to follow His commandments..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Matthew 22:37-40, "Jesus said to him, 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." NKJV
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Glen
Familiar Member

Post by Glen »

Peter didn't have the gift of the spirit at that time, the spirit came upon the twelve but it wasn't indwelling them yet untill after Jesus left. Ez 36:27 shows the same type of gift when God gathers them to establish their covenant.

Peters will and faith failed him, a lesson we all should ponder in this day of freewill gospels.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Christ died for each of us while we were yet sinners and enemies of God. That's the kind of love Christ demonstrates to us that God has. As Humans, we are so conditioned to something for something (Quid Pro Quo) that we're gobstopped when we're faced with the kind of love and grace that God has for us. Nevertheless, God is outside of time. He knows the beginning from the end, and when we accept God's grace exercising the choice that God gives us, He knows everything about us. He knows every flaw, every failure and even every betrayal that we have done and will do in the future and still He loves us and gives us grace and accepts us. That means we can relax and rest in that love and grace that God gives us without worry about our failure. We serve Him because He loves us and we love Him back. It's the best news possible and it's ours even if we don't realize all it means right away.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender