The Final Judgement

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Tina
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

The Final Judgement

Post by Tina »

So I've been thinking....is it possible that after our first judgement is over ( right after death ) that when the Final judgement comes........everyone is brought before God Almighty, and the people from Hell have an opportunity to accept Jesus?? Otherwise, why would the Final Judgement be necessary? Can someone please clarify this for me?
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
Glen
Familiar Member
Sex: Male

Re: The Final Judgement

Post by Glen »

Tina wrote:So I've been thinking....is it possible that after our first judgement is over ( right after death ) that when the Final judgement comes........everyone is brought before God Almighty, and the people from Hell have an opportunity to accept Jesus?? Otherwise, why would the Final Judgement be necessary? Can someone please clarify this for me?
Hi Tina.

I would think that if Christ really paid for all sin, which is why he could rise from the dead because if one was left unpaid then he would have still been guilty of them all.

Though tradistional thinking has taught eternal punishment, the words translated as for ever, eternal, hell, etc.. need to be researched, the early english versions didn't have hell in them.

Plus the belief of some in the early years taught the universal reconciliation of all things, Colossians 1:20, Ephesians 1:10-11, 2 Corinthians 5:19, Romans 5:10, Plus the other scripture that shows he is the Saviour of all 1 Timothy 2:3-6 4:10, Luke 9:55-56, etc.....I believe God will save all but thats just what I have come to believe, there is a prise to pay though many will balked who have a religious spirit that can't except Luke 1:37. God revealed relative will verses his hidden absolute intent.

God bless, Glen.
Tina
Established Member

Post by Tina »

Glen wrote:
Tina wrote:So I've been thinking....is it possible that after our first judgement is over ( right after death ) that when the Final judgement comes........everyone is brought before God Almighty, and the people from Hell have an opportunity to accept Jesus?? Otherwise, why would the Final Judgement be necessary? Can someone please clarify this for me?
Hi Tina.

I would think that if Christ really paid for all sin, which is why he could rise from the dead because if one was left unpaid then he would have still been guilty of them all.

Though tradistional thinking has taught eternal punishment, the words translated as for ever, eternal, hell, etc.. need to be researched, the early english versions didn't have hell in them.

Plus the belief of some in the early years taught the universal reconciliation of all things, Colossians 1:20, Ephesians 1:10-11, 2 Corinthians 5:19, Romans 5:10, Plus the other scripture that shows he is the Saviour of all 1 Timothy 2:3-6 4:10, Luke 9:55-56, etc.....I believe God will save all but thats just what I have come to believe, there is a prise to pay though many will balked who have a religious spirit that can't except Luke 1:37. God revealed relative will verses his hidden absolute intent.

God bless, Glen.
I'm not sure I believe in universal reconciliation, I'm just wondering if some people that went to hell will be able to repent and accept Jesus on Judgement Day
dayage
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by dayage »

Tina,

The lost will be judged at the Great White Throne and at that point they will be thrown into Hell. No one is in Hell yet.

So, what happens to people after they die?

Everyone used to go into one big holding area Hades. Hades is the equivalent of the Old Testament Sheol. This was a two compartment holding area. One side was for the unrighteous and one side was for the righteous (Luke 16:19-26). The righteous side is no longer in use. Since Jesus made the full payment for sins, the O.T. saints and all who have put their faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus have and do go straight to Heaven (2 Cor. 5:6-8; Phil. 1:21-23; Hebrews 11:39-40).

The other side is a place of torment, but is just the "county jail" where the unrighteous await their sentencing at the Great White Throne Judgment. At that time they will go to the "federal penitentiary." This is what is known as Gehenna (Hell, the Lake of Fire and the Second Death), in the New Testament. The O.T. name for Gehenna was Tophet (Isaiah 30:33). If fact both words refer to the Valley of Hinnom (a place of constant burning 2 Kings 23:10).

In the end, Hades and those in it will be cast into The Lake of Fire, the true Hell (Revelation 20:13-15).

There is no universal salvation. It is offered to the world, but only those "all" who are "in Christ" will be saved (1 Corinthians 15:22; Ephesians 1:13-14; Colossians 1:22-23; etc). Likewise, the "all" who are justified in Romans 5:18 is clarified in Romans 5:17. "All" who recieve gace and righteousness." You must read the context.
Glen
Familiar Member

Post by Glen »

Tina wrote:
Glen wrote:
Hi Tina.

God bless, Glen.
I'm not sure I believe in universal reconciliation, I'm just wondering if some people that went to hell will be able to repent and accept Jesus on Judgement Day
Just my take on it, everyone as to study for themselvee and find rest with it, I couldn't with the tradistional docrinal stance and researched it and found out is was a falsh perception of God absolute will, but as warned that yoke is blind.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Tina wrote: I'm not sure I believe in universal reconciliation, I'm just wondering if some people that went to hell will be able to repent and accept Jesus on Judgement Day
That is a good question, Tina, my answer would be - what does the bible say?

First, note the context that the White Throne falls under starting at verse 6

Rev 20:6, “Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.” NKJV

Blessed is who? What of those who are not?

Rev 20:11, “Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.” NKJV

Note that it states: And there was found no place for them.

Why???

Rev 20:12-13, “And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. NKJV

They were judged how? By their own works and what does the bible say about this – for example in Romans 2:14-15 and Romans 3:20 and Romans 3:27-28?

Thier names awere not found written in the Lamb’s Book of Life… Rev 21:27

Rev 20:14-15, “Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.” NKJV

What does the bible say to you?

-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Tina
Established Member

Post by Tina »

B. W. wrote:
Tina wrote: I'm not sure I believe in universal reconciliation, I'm just wondering if some people that went to hell will be able to repent and accept Jesus on Judgement Day
That is a good question, Tina, my answer would be - what does the bible say?

First, note the context that the White Throne falls under starting at verse 6

Rev 20:6, “Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.” NKJV

Blessed is who? What of those who are not?

Rev 20:11, “Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.” NKJV

Note that it states: And there was found no place for them.

Why???

Rev 20:12-13, “And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. NKJV

They were judged how? By their own works and what does the bible say about this – for example in Romans 2:14-15 and Romans 3:20 and Romans 3:27-28?

Thier names awere not found written in the Lamb’s Book of Life… Rev 21:27

Rev 20:14-15, “Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.” NKJV

What does the bible say to you?

-
That makes me think the people are in temporary torment and on Judgement Day they'll go to different "levels" of Hell................
dayage
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by dayage »

Tina,

Different levels of punishment in Hell is a possibility based on Luke 12:46-48 and Revelation 20:12-15. The lost are judged according to their works. Whatever the case, one reason the White Throne judgement does not take place until the very end is that people's works continue to have influence long after death.