Evolution and the bible.

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.

What is your position on evolution and bible? Choose 2.

1.Evolution strongly undermines the absolute truth value of the bible if evolution is true.
6%
1.Evolution strongly undermines the absolute truth value of the bible if evolution is true.
No votes
2.Evolution pushes the bible on a slippery slope of allegoricalism and metaphors that will somewhat weaken the truth of some of the biblical passages.
6%
2.Evolution pushes the bible on a slippery slope of allegoricalism and metaphors that will somewhat weaken the truth of some of the biblical passages.
6%
3.Evolution pushes the bible more to allegories and sybolism but it does not undermine the truth of the bible whatsoever.
18%
3.Evolution pushes the bible more to allegories and sybolism but it does not undermine the truth of the bible whatsoever.
29%
4.(macro)Evolution is at least somewhat true, but also the process is subsidized by God to direct it in a more literal biblical fashion. So they are both compatiple in this sense.
24%
4.(macro)Evolution is at least somewhat true, but also the process is subsidized by God to direct it in a more literal biblical fashion. So they are both compatiple in this sense.
6%
5.Unsatisfactory options are placed here. I would rather elaborate my position by commenting.
No votes
5.Unsatisfactory options are placed here. I would rather elaborate my position by commenting.
6%

Total votes: 17

wrain62
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Evolution and the bible.

Post by wrain62 »

Evolution here means common decent driven by natural selection and genetic drift.

Choose two. if you feel strongly about one then choose the repeat to duoble the vote. If you are split on two positions then choose one of both.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
wrain62
Valued Member

Re: Evolution and the bible.

Post by wrain62 »

Not many replies so far. Well those of you who are not fans of biologos I hope it becomes the stuff of the future. No more modern geocentricism.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
sandy_mcd
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by sandy_mcd »

We're waiting for some campaign ads or something.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I don't know if I really like my vote but I guess it is the most suitable, If evolution is true it just means our interpretation of the Bible was incorrect and has no effect on God's existence whatsoever or the in-errancy of the Bible. The fault would be human interpretation not Biblical.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

sandy_mcd wrote:We're waiting for some campaign ads or something.
:lol: sharp