Prayer request for my mom

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Prayer request for my mom

Post by Byblos »

DannyM wrote:John, how is mom doing brother?
Yes, mom is out of the hospital and back home. It turned out to be a severe case of dehydration (thank God). She is not the same still, barely able to walk and eat but better than before. Thank you all for your continued prayers, it means a lot to me.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

Thoughts are with you and your family
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

If I could ask once again to keep my mom in your prayers so she doesn't suffer any more. She has taken a turn for the worse and doesn't look like she will leave the hospital this time.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Byblos, so sorry to hear.

I pray that our Father in heaven will comfort her and you, and the rest of her family and friends, and that He will grant the caregivers wisdom and insight to best treat her.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:If I could ask once again to keep my mom in your prayers so she doesn't suffer any more. She has taken a turn for the worse and doesn't look like she will leave the hospital this time.
Absolutely, Byblos. Praying.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

This is the important stuff isn't it? Definitely praying. God's strength to you and your family for all that lies ahead?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Byblos, definitely have you in my prayers. I can so identify and know much of what you're probably going through. My mom went to be with the Lord, after suffering from Alzheimer's, almost exactly two years ago - she was also 85. Amazingly, she suffered almost 13 years. This is probably the hardest thing to ever deal with that involves a parent. So many tough decisions, lots of second guessing. But God is in control, and we know He loves her more than we can imagine.

I'll keep this short. But one day, after my mom know longer recognized her children, didn't even know her own name, and could only babble syllables, we had to hand fed her, bathroom, all that - and she was resting on our couch. Suddenly, I noticed that she had shut her eyes and began muttering, with a struggling, yet determined and consistent, cadence. Weird, I thought, and so I went close to see if I could understand her. I was absolutely stunned, as I unmistakably realized she was praying, as best as she could. After a few minutes, she stopped and opened her eyes. It made me realize that somewhere inside of that failing mind and body, she likely had understood much more than we would have ever thought possible. And she likely heard us love on her and somehow also understood at least some of what we were doing. And she and God had likely been talking all along. That was an amazing blessing to me.

God bless your mom and entire family.

Philip
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

praying byblos!!!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

y[-o<
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

y[-o<
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Your prayers are a great a source of comfort, thank you all.

Philip, it is so amazing that you say that about your late mother praying. Only a couple of weeks ago I said to a friend the exact same thing. Mom forgot us, her children, her husband, how to eat, go to the bathroom, and pretty much everything that makes her human. What she did not forget is how to pray. It is this unbreakable bond that is giving her the strength to hang on until the Lord sees fit to let her suffer no more.

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

It is this unbreakable bond that is giving her the strength to hang on until the Lord sees fit to let her suffer no more.
So, true, Byblos!

None of what she is going through makes any sense to us NOW...but one day, one glorious day, it WILL!

God Bless and know you're being lifted up.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

God saw to it that mom suffer no more and has claimed what is his. She is with the Lord now. I am so very grateful for His good graces and for your prayers.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:God saw to it that mom suffer no more and has claimed what is his. She is with the Lord now. I am so very grateful for His good graces and for your prayers.
I'm sorry, Byblos. How are you holding up?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Can you imagine her indescribable moment of joyful transformation and of seeing her Lord?

May the Lord bring great comfort and peace to you and your family!

Philip