Ron Paul

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Ron Paul

Post by RickD »

There's been some talk about Ron Paul, here lately. Here's his website, so one can be informed about what Dr. Paul believes, from his own website. Not from someone who's against him.
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/

Ron Paul's statement of faith here:http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/s ... -of-faith/
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
wrain62
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Ron Paul

Post by wrain62 »

Thank you.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote:There's been some talk about Ron Paul, here lately. Here's his website, so one can be informed about what Dr. Paul believes, from his own website. Not from someone who's against him.
I think he has got a lot of good christian qualities, I think where he fails however is his stance on Israel where G-d is eventually going to setup His one world government. I don't understand why someone would oppose that.. y:-?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
RickD wrote:There's been some talk about Ron Paul, here lately. Here's his website, so one can be informed about what Dr. Paul believes, from his own website. Not from someone who's against him.
I think he has got a lot of good christian qualities, I think where he fails however is his stance on Israel where G-d is eventually going to setup His one world government. I don't understand why someone would oppose that.. y:-?
I didn't see anything on his site about Israel, Gman. Do you have a link that you get your info from?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote: I didn't see anything on his site about Israel, Gman. Do you have a link that you get your info from?
He isn't going to say anything outright to oppose Israel.. But he has made many remarks about it.. He wants to pull out of everything connected with the middle east. Everything.
A former aide to Ron Paul has labeled the Republican White House hopeful as "anti-Israel" after the rediscovery of racially charged newsletters published under the lawmaker's name in the 1980s and 1990s.

The staunchly libertarian candidate "wishes the Israeli state did not exist at all," Eric Dondero wrote in a column for website RightWingNews.com published Monday. "He expressed this to me numerous times in our private conversations."

Dondero, a senior aide from 1997 to 2003 and earlier an assistant in various campaign roles beginning in the late 1980s, said the Texas lawmaker "sides with the Palestinians, and supports their calls for the abolishment of the Jewish state, and the return of Israel, all of it, to the Arabs."

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/paul ... /id/422272
Then he also made a remark that Israel created Hamas??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3vF6Vcjr0

You would really have to be naive about Biblical History to make such as comment like this, a conflict that has been going on now for over 4 thousand years... :roll:

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

Is the Isreal-created-Hamas-statement controversy about the truth of the subject or the sensitivity of it?
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

wrain62 wrote:Is the Isreal-created-Hamas-statement controversy about the truth of the subject or the sensitivity of it?
Both.. :eugeek:

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Sorry Gman. I'm not seeing it there. If Paul is anti Israel, there has to be something out there, that shows that he is. I don't see anything anti Israel in that video. I can certainly see the logic, in not giving money or weapons to groups, that could come back to haunt us in the future.

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote:Sorry Gman. I'm not seeing it there. If Paul is anti Israel, there has to be something out there, that shows that he is. I don't see anything anti Israel in that video. I can certainly see the logic, in not giving money or weapons to groups, that could come back to haunt us in the future.

That nut says that Israel created hamas? Do you know how twisted it is to say something like that?

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
RickD wrote:Sorry Gman. I'm not seeing it there. If Paul is anti Israel, there has to be something out there, that shows that he is. I don't see anything anti Israel in that video. I can certainly see the logic, in not giving money or weapons to groups, that could come back to haunt us in the future.

That nut says that Israel created hamas? Do you know how twisted it is to say something like that?
Did you hear how he said it in the video? What is inaccurate about what he said? I'm not playing devils advocate, Gman. I really don't know how Hamas was created.

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote: Did you hear how he said it in the video? What is inaccurate about what he said? I'm not playing devils advocate, Gman. I really don't know how Hamas was created.
Listen to the video... In 1:27 seconds of the video he clearly states that Hamas was encouraged and started by Israel..

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
RickD wrote: Did you hear how he said it in the video? What is inaccurate about what he said? I'm not playing devils advocate, Gman. I really don't know how Hamas was created.
Listen to the video... In 1:27 seconds of the video he clearly states that Hamas was encouraged and started by Israel..
I saw it, Gman. I was just wondering what he said that was inaccurate. He basically said that Israel helped to create Hamas, because Hamas, at the time, benefitted Israel. Now that hamas has changed, and its benefit to Israel is gone, Israel no likey Hamas. Not much different, IMO, as to when the US, allied with Iraq, against Iran. Then when Iraq outlived its benefit to the US, then the US, turned on Iraq.

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote: I saw it, Gman. I was just wondering what he said that was inaccurate. He basically said that Israel helped to create Hamas, because Hamas, at the time, benefitted Israel. Now that hamas has changed, and its benefit to Israel is gone, Israel no likey Hamas. Not much different, IMO, as to when the US, allied with Iraq, against Iran. Then when Iraq outlived its benefit to the US, then the US, turned on Iraq.
Absolutely not... Never did Israel at ANY time create hamas. That is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard. This guy clearly doesn't understand middle east politics...

Sad.

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Anyway...who cares about Ron Paul? It looks like you guys are going to be stuck with the guy who follows the fruitcake religion.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

Ron Paul can gain on.