Adam's and Eve's original sin

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Tina
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Adam's and Eve's original sin

Post by Tina »

Why do we inherit that first sin?
Doesn't that mean we're being punished for something we didn't do?
Why is that?
GOD knew all of this would happen. Was there no other way?
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Adam's and Eve's original sin

Post by Gman »

Tina wrote:Why do we inherit that first sin?
Doesn't that mean we're being punished for something we didn't do?
Why is that?
GOD knew all of this would happen. Was there no other way?
We all sin, whether it was inherited or not.. I'm living proof of that.

But the problem has been corrected. For now since we accept Yeshua back into our hearts, the sin life has been broken.

G-d could probably see that it would happen, but not be the cause of it.. Man sinned away from G-d by choice, something we do every day.

Hope that helps...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Glen
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Glen »

We are responsible for sin because we are sinners, but we are not responsible for being one.

Grace, Glen.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

I believe the Biblical term for this is "Federal Headship." Basically, it means the father in a family is responsible for the entire family and its honor. It's a rather outdated family concept, but it follows through here. If you read closely, Eve's sin did not get passed down to us, Adam's did. The reason why humans were kicked out of Eden for Adam's sin and never allowed to go there again is unclear, though, because Federal Headship doesn't really work that way for any other sins in the Bible to my knowledge.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Ivellious wrote:I believe the Biblical term for this is "Federal Headship." Basically, it means the father in a family is responsible for the entire family and its honor. It's a rather outdated family concept, but it follows through here. If you read closely, Eve's sin did not get passed down to us, Adam's did. The reason why humans were kicked out of Eden for Adam's sin and never allowed to go there again is unclear, though, because Federal Headship doesn't really work that way for any other sins in the Bible to my knowledge.
Federal Headship is not a Biblical term in terms of it's source. That's a descriptive theological term attributed to help explain the cultural view present in Israel at the time of Genesis' writing, and not the only one.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender