IS GOD REALLY COMING ON DEC 21st OF 2012

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Truboyy
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

IS GOD REALLY COMING ON DEC 21st OF 2012

Post by Truboyy »

WELL IT'S 2012 AND THEY SAID THE WORLD IS GOING TO END ON DEC 21st OF THIS YEAR .....THE THING I DON'T GET IS THAT GOD DIDN'T TELL NO ONE WHEN HE'S GOING TO COME ON THAT pecific TIME.... BUT IT STILL KIND OF SCARY
Last edited by Truboyy on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: IS GOD REALLY COMING ON DEC 21st OF 2012

Post by Silvertusk »

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

No one will know the day of Christ's return Mark 13:32 and he will come like a thief in the night 1 Thessalonians 5 and there will be many false prophets who will claim to know the truth Matthew 24:11 , I highly doubt that 2012 will be the end but it is wise to be prepared spiritually as the rapture may be post tribulation Matthew 24:44 .

If he gave a time frame I guess it would give people time to come to Christ and to wait until the last minute, that doesn't seem very just or fair from a just and fair God.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Well there will be "signs" though right. The seven seals that will be broken? And then of course the anti-christ must come into power.
So it's not like we will be entirely without warning.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Stu wrote:Well there will be "signs" though right. The seven seals that will be broken? And then of course the anti-christ must come into power.
So it's not like we will be entirely without warning.

Exactly
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
MarcusOfLycia

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

My calendar ended a couple of weeks ago, and here we all are.
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Truboyy wrote:WELL IT'S 2012 AND THEY SAID THE WORLD IS GOING TO END ON DEC 21st OF THIS YEAR .....THE THING I DON'T GET IS THAT GOD DIDN'T TELL NO ONE WHEN HE'S GOING TO COME ON THAT pecific TIME.... BUT IT STILL KIND OF SCARY
Not to worry.. That is bunk..

Hint: Bible history is bible prophecy. In other words if you understand Bible history you will understand Bible prophecy.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

MarcusOfLycia wrote:My calendar ended a couple of weeks ago, and here we all are.
:lol: Unless we are all in denial.