Happy Australia Day

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Happy Australia Day

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Today we celebrate the freedoms that we enjoy in Australia, our beautiful beaches, forests, rivers and mountain ranges. :cheers:

Happy Aussie day oi oi oi.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Happy Australia Day

Post by RickD »

Happy Invasion Day, and Survival Day, to the indigenous peoples of Australia. Put a didgeridoo on the barbie, mate!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Happy Invasion Day, and Survival Day, to the indigenous peoples of Australia. Put a didgeridoo on the barbie, mate!
Actually Aussie day is not a celebration of the Invasion, rather it is the celebration of federation. :ebiggrin:

Did you know the Aborigines are not the original owners, they invaded thousands of years ago and killed off the local population.
He who is without sin cast the first stone John 8:7'
'
Dan
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Had I known it was Oz Day, I would have bought a can of Foster's! Instead, I have to raise a glass filled with this can of Warsteiner Dunkel.*

I was also wondering, how do you people keep the beer in your glass, considering you're all upside down?

FL :cheers:

*I trust there are German immigrants in Oz.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:Happy Invasion Day, and Survival Day, to the indigenous peoples of Australia. Put a didgeridoo on the barbie, mate!
Actually Aussie day is not a celebration of the Invasion, rather it is the celebration of federation. :ebiggrin:

Did you know the Aborigines are not the original owners, they invaded thousands of years ago and killed off the local population.
'
Dan
It's weird how similar the US and Australia are, in the fact that both nations had white Europeans arrive, kill off the people living there, to take over the land. The founders of Australia were criminals, and the founders of the US, were traitors. :lol:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

'
Dan
It's weird how similar the US and Australia are, in the fact that both nations had white Europeans arrive, kill off the people living there, to take over the land. The founders of Australia were criminals, and the founders of the US, were traitors. :lol:

And now to take over the world muhahaha.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Had I known it was Oz Day, I would have bought a can of Foster's! Instead, I have to raise a glass filled with this can of Warsteiner Dunkel.*

I was also wondering, how do you people keep the beer in your glass, considering you're all upside down?

FL :cheers:

*I trust there are German immigrants in Oz.

I don't know about you but I keep my beer in the fridge. :ebiggrin:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

'
Dan

And now to take over the world muhahaha.
Yes, the Australian military, what a superpower, bent on world domination. :lol:

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

:pound:

hey hey we might not be the biggest or have the most advanced weaponry, but we are world renowned for having one of the best trained elite forces.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote::pound:

hey hey we might not be the biggest or have the most advanced weaponry, but we are world renowned for having one of the best trained elite forces.
I think you're more renowned for Vegemite, kangaroos, Mad Max, shrimp on the barbie, Paul Hogan, and cute koalas. Nuff said. :pound:

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote::pound:

I think you're more renowned for Vegemite, kangaroos, Mad Max, shrimp on the barbie, Paul Hogan, and cute koalas. Nuff said. :pound:
:pound:
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I heard on the news that your PM was almost assaulted today during an awards ceremony. (She's an attractive lady, BTW.)

I can buy Marmite here. And Foster's. And Aussie wine. And Aussie candy.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I heard on the news that your PM was almost assaulted today during an awards ceremony. (She's an attractive lady, BTW.)

I can buy Marmite here. And Foster's. And Aussie wine. And Aussie candy.

FL

I would hardly call it an assault it was more of a storm in a tea cup episode, she is not really my cup of tea but then again I think the same of all polly's.

Marmite ewwww, VEGIMITE, there is no equal. Fosters is a poor excuse for a larger try some coopers,james squires,little creatures or blue tounge larger.
The wine is good, try some tarrawarra ( i used to work there many years ago ).

Dan
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

she is not really my cup of tea but then again I think the same of all polly's.
Ok, daniel, what's a "Polly"?

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
she is not really my cup of tea but then again I think the same of all polly's.
Ok, daniel, what's a "Polly"?

Well in the context it is a politician, but it could also be a bird "polly wanna cracka".

Dan