death of america

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
goldmoor
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

death of america

Post by goldmoor »

as i see this country more and more reject Christ and become more secular i wonder will America be judged and ineviabtly
destroy(like sodom and Gormorrah)and as time pass this seem likely the case, then i think maybe this country can come back to its roots that it was founded on its christain roots ,but it seems high unlikely.

your thoughts.
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: death of america

Post by Murray »

Still A christian nation under christian moral. Were on the road to demise however, once our morals decay, it's only a matter of time until our country does the same.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
kmr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by kmr »

Every day, I have to answer questions on social ethics with responses like, "In a secular nation, we have to respect everyone's rights..." or, "The Constitution was wrong in regulating that based on a secular code...". Along a "secular" trend, the concept of morality is perpetually skewed, and all that needs to be regulated is that which disturbs the workings of society, such as murder, rape, and other "important" crimes. As for social morals, well, the meanings of the words "moral" and "ethic" become skewed...

I often find myself saying that if we are to live in a secular nation, we should tolerate the behavior of other people, even if, according to our religion, it is morally wrong. I may not like to say it, because it means, in a passive way, endorsing immoral conduct. But I am forced to say it because of the politics of the nation.

Sometimes, I do wish it were a Christian nation....
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I don't see why we should tolerate it, as Christians are we not taught to speak out against all forms of sin?

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.