money is evil

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
goldmoor
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

money is evil

Post by goldmoor »

you here a lot of times people say money is the root of all evil when really then are just misquoting scriputure and the actual verse was the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil correct me if i misquoted to i don't know the exact verse,but even though it is not bad to be rich it seem those with alot of money re always corrupt it seem every politican every billionare is always doing something underhanded for there own personal gain it even if be rich isn't a sin it seem like a consequence of being weathy
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: money is evil

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

goldmoor wrote:you here a lot of times people say money is the root of all evil when really then are just misquoting scriputure and the actual verse was the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil correct me if i misquoted to i don't know the exact verse,but even though it is not bad to be rich it seem those with alot of money re always corrupt it seem every politican every billionare is always doing something underhanded for there own personal gain it even if be rich isn't a sin it seem like a consequence of being weathy

You are very correct that this scripture is often misquoted, wealth does not bring evil but it does bring responsibility.
The reality is that a large portion of the wealthy are corrupt but there is also an equally large portion of wealthy who are not, it is just that you don't hear about the good people because they don't advertise their good deeds and often live quiet lives.
*edit* Money is a tool, God has blessed some people with wealth to use wisely but unfortunately some use it for selfish desires.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.