Church attendance

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.

How often do you go to church or Messianic Jewish synagogue?

Everyday
No votes
More than once a week
20%
Weekly
40%
Monthly
No votes
Every few months
No votes
Only holidays
No votes
Never
40%

Total votes: 5

ochotseat

Church attendance

Post by ochotseat »

How often do you go to church or Messianic Jewish synagogue?
LittleShepherd
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by LittleShepherd »

I go to both the morning and evening service on Sunday, so "more than once a week" for me.
Dan
Valued Member

Post by Dan »

I do not go to church because I haven't found a church that I can be a part of yet. I am eager to go though, as soon as I can do so.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

i used to go twice a week. :oops: haven't gone in awhile. i feel i don't belong.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
Dan
Valued Member

Post by Dan »

Prodigal Son wrote:i used to go twice a week. :oops: haven't gone in awhile. i feel i don't belong.
Did you discuss this with your priest? They are shining lights in this hateful world. I have found that you can't feel unbelonging when you talk to a priest. I hope you find the same thing.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

i'm afraid.
New Creation
Dan
Valued Member

Post by Dan »

Prodigal Son wrote:i'm afraid.
I was afraid too. When you're ready, do it. Fear is just holding you back, do you want to be a slave to your emotions forever, or do you want to shine as the person you really are?
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

i want to be who God meant me to be. i went by a church today and just sat in the parking lot. :roll:
New Creation
Dan
Valued Member

Post by Dan »

Prodigal Son wrote:i want to be who God meant me to be. i went by a church today and just sat in the parking lot. :roll:
What are you doing in a parking lot :lol:

It's like getting a shot at the doctor. It might be uncomfortable and scary, but it's for your own good. Except in this case, once you get past the fear, all the uncertainty melts away and you feel like a great weight has been lifted off of you.

Go to church!!!

Or try to set up an appointment with a priest so you can have a private talk with him.
Forge
Valued Member

Post by Forge »

During school weeks, I try to attened on Saturday, and always attend on Sundays.

During vacations, I attend almost every day. Being right across the street helps greatly.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

I usually go on Wednesdays to the Bible study at my church. I like it better than the Sunday service and am glad it's in the evening instead of a weekend morning! And I don't believe in a new Sabbath, so it works for me!

When I joined my church last fall I went Sundays, Wednesdays and every other Friday. I've been missing Fridays, which I really like, because I forget or make other plans. Either way none of these three things are what I'd ideally like and find useful. Kind of funny though, some of what I'd like in them I find here!
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Dan wrote:
Prodigal Son wrote:i want to be who God meant me to be. i went by a church today and just sat in the parking lot. :roll:
What are you doing in a parking lot :lol:

God only knows. :lol:

Black and Evangelical churches are great if you really want a charismatic, spiritual experience.